Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

Why do the same cars keep winning MOTM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why do the same cars keep winning MOTM?

I'm not saying that the cars that win MOTM aren't deserving of the win, but why is the same group of cars always up for vote? There a like 6-8 Monte Carlos that win over and over and....well,you get the idea.

Surely there are other Monte Carlos worthy of a MOTM nomination...

Old 01-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

They are nominated by you and I the members of the Forum

Members with hi visibility are usually the ones that stand out in member's mind and they get nominated . Once you win MOTM you can not be nominated again for the whole next calendar year

Old 01-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

To second what Tadd said, once you win you aren't eligible the next year, if you win in 2015 you're not eligible again until 2017. We do have a core group of members and like Tadd said members who are here often tend to get noticed more.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

i third what these guys said, the more you post, help other members, and are noticed the more of a chance you have in winning

Old 01-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

We do everything we can to promote MOTM and try to engage members in this monthly contest.
Since you cannot nominate yourself, as everyone mentioned, it comes down to member involvement to be noticed. One of the requirements is to be an active member on MCF.com (activity is judged by having at least 12 posts within a month). 12 posts in a month is really not hard to achieve to be considered active. That is less then one post every two days. If someone should be MOTM, it would make sense we want someone who is active on MCF.com to win and being active gets you noticed.

Having a gallery of pics is a requirement, but it helps to show regular updated pics of your Monte, pics where you take your Monte or even pics of modding/repairing your Monte.

Between pics and activity, those really tend to seal the deal to get nominated.

As Keane said, there tends to be a core group of active members (I hate dragging post count into this, but look at the post count stats of winning members, they are usually your most active members).

For a full list of MOTM Rules and Requirements, please see the link below:
Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums - FAQ: MonteCarloForum Specific FAQs

The staff and I try to do what we can to promote MOTM, we are open to hear new ideas, but we still can't force people to be active on the forum to get noticed.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Would it be possible to link it to the daily blog in some way shape or form? or even adding a banner underneath the current MOTM's picture that comes and goes only when voting is active?

From the amount of members that we have and the amount that actually vote, I wonder if half of them are truly aware that it is there and active from month to month.

Some months the nominees are kind of bringing knives to a gunfight (figuratively speaking) as their cars just can't compare to what other members have done to their cars, as they don't have the money, time or resources

Last edited by ohara; 01-05-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

i thought the same thing when i wasnt winning but after a while i just stopped worring about it because im on the forum to see nice cars and put some input when i have any, im sure for those who havent been winning will get their time

Old 01-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Well as stated above. The more you show your car on the forum and we see you post..maybe have a sig with your car more people will notice.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:41 PM

Ill have some updated photos of mine in a few days for everyone to see. I've been getting it ready these past 2 weeks for when I get my license!

Old 01-05-2015, 08:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSilver
I'm not saying that the cars that win MOTM aren't deserving of the win, but why is the same group of cars always up for vote? There a like 6-8 Monte Carlos that win over and over and....well,you get the idea.

Surely there are other Monte Carlos worthy of a MOTM nomination...
SSilver look at your post total and Tadd's you both joined the same month and year there is almost 5000 post difference. Also most have lot's of photos in there garage.

Quick Reply: Why do the same cars keep winning MOTM?