Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

Why do the same cars keep winning MOTM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Would it be possible to link it to the daily blog in some way shape or form? or even adding a banner underneath the current MOTM's picture that comes and goes only when voting is active?
Best bet might be to put the links to the nomination and voting threads in the daily blog. But I'm guessing most/all the people contributing in the blog already contribute to the MOTM process (it might help grab attention of people simply trolling the site who are not frequently active, perhaps make them aware).

As for the banner underneath the current MOTM, I was considering that for a while, but it has a few problems but you have spawned an idea that I'm going to place in the MOTM banner now.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Can you make that new link flash or something!! LOL Or scroll. To attract attention.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:57 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by H317
Can you make that new link flash or something!! LOL Or scroll. To attract attention.
The notice where I have the link uses common HTML code, but has some limitations. Such as, I had to add HTML code to underline the text. I also have code in there to make it blue, as you see with other links, but it fails to respond to that.

I think flashing just becomes annoying. But since we are showing MOTM in the banner, this provides a bunch of resources about MOTM and getting involved without being overly obnoxious.

Again, it can be promoted in the daily blog. The sad part is the stuff I am able to do on the website does not display in the mobile app for phones and tablets (so depending how people access the site depends on if they see these items or not).

Old 01-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

I do like the idea of your new addition.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:13 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Yeah, flashing can be annoying. Having the link there does make it easier to get to.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mels SS
SSilver look at your post total and Tadd's you both joined the same month and year there is almost 5000 post difference. Also most have lot's of photos in there garage.
NOT speaking about myself or my own car, Mel

I've been on the board longer than most, but I simply don't feel the need to post dozens of times per day....I like to read and learn.

I certainly didn't intend to start trouble, it was just an observation of mine over the years...same cars keep showing up year after year, that's all. I like all of the cars on this site and would perhaps like to see more variety of generations, not just 6th & 7th gens each month.

Last edited by SSilver; 01-06-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey I nominate Barbara's 83 Monte... and she was in the running and a newer member

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-06-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:28 PM

10 Year Member

I agree it would be great to get a more multi-gen MOTM winning. It still comes down to meeting the requirements for being nominated for MOTM and then people feeling compelled to nominate you.

If you are not already getting involved in the monthly nominations, then I suggest jumping in and nominating/supporting fellow members you would like to see win MOTM. Sometimes it can be as simple as one person to make a difference.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

SSilver:
I'm in agreement with you.. It would be nice to have some different Gens Of Monte.. But.... If there not active on the forum..Its kinda hard to nominate some/them. Since one of the requirements is having at the very least... A 12 post minimum a month in order to qualify... There in lies the problem..

We would definitely love to see all generations of Monte Carlo's participate each and every month for sure!

Hopefully..
We will be getting a few more older Gens to join the forum.!

There are a "LOT" of front wheel drive newer gen owners here..
Maybe..
The older gen Monte owners (Where ever they are) with the exception of BARBARA.. Don't realize that there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that have Rear Wheel drive experience. Including driveline,motors,trans etc... and have referral knowledge for body panels, interiors etc...

I believe they may see us more as a "front wheel" drive forum? Since this is what the forum mostly has for now?
But, I have seen a few older gens join the forum.. Hopefully they stick/stay.
And get the help/answers there looking for.

Me personally..
I am an old school guy... I'm a child of the 50's..
So my knowledge base covers a lot of makes, models, years...
I came here for help with my 5th Gen originally...
Since then..This forum,people just grew on me..So... I stayed.
Hope this helps to answer your question!
Thanks for being a MCF Family Member!
Great Question!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 01-06-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSilver
NOT speaking about myself or my own car, Mel

I've been on the board longer than most, but I simply don't feel the need to post dozens of times per day....I like to read and learn.

I certainly didn't intend to start trouble, it was just an observation of mine over the years...same cars keep showing up year after year, that's all. I like all of the cars on this site and would perhaps like to see more variety of generations, not just 6th & 7th gens each month.
And why not I want to see your car up there and see pictures of your car. Its been 4 years since the last time I won the MOTM and my car has made a lot of improvement since then. and I did this today.

Name:  20150106_161034_zps21075781.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  60.3 KB

Quick Reply: Why do the same cars keep winning MOTM?