Go Back  Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > General Forums > Monte Carlo Repair Help
Reload this Page >

6th Gen ('00-'05): Wipers work, but intermittent stops in up position. New motor?

Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Wipers work, but intermittent stops in up position. New motor?

Old 01-05-2019, 09:40 AM
1 Year Member
Default Wipers work, but intermittent stops in up position. New motor?

Subject pretty much says it all. I've worked with the wipers a bunch: removing and replacing wiper arms, new wiper linkage, etc. They're seated fine, respond fine, but when using the intermittent function, they stop in the up position.

Is this a wiper motor issue? Would like to go off of more than a hunch before I throw $100 at a re-manned replacement.

Last edited by straffin; 01-05-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:43 AM
1 Year Member

Hmm...thought that the controller was part of the motor, but it appears there's also a "Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module". Is that what I need?

Old 03-30-2019, 02:06 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by straffin View Post
Hmm...thought that the controller was part of the motor, but it appears there's also a "Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module". Is that what I need?
So, the Pulse Board is *not* what I need. Just swapped the old one out for a new one and there's no change. Lo works fine, Hi works fine, Mist works (but pauses briefly in the full UP position before parking normally), but the Intermittent settings all pause with the wipers in the full UP position.

Anyone have any info on this? :-(

- John

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.