Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Strting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 08:49 PM
Default Strting Issues

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo with a 3.5L v6 engine. I started having trouble with this car this winter. I am female so my knowledge is very limited but I need to know enough to tell my repairman.

First the car started not starting like it should and I had the starter replaced. Then a few weeks later the battery was totally DEAD. When I put the key in the ignition to start the car nothing worked and I could not get the key to come out. I called the repair shop the next day and they told me that the battery was dead. They put a new battery in and it has been doing good. They put an Interstate battery in.

Today I had an errand to run and when I got ready to come home I put the key in the ignition and turned it and nothing. Lights came on. I turned it off and tried again and it started. I have started it about five time this afternoon to be sure it would start. It starts every time.

The car has 115,000 and has not had a tune up. That is my fault. I didn't realize you needed to have a tuneup after 30,000.

I have had the alternator tested at least five times and each time it test good. I have had this done at Auto Zone and at the repair shop. This shop has an A+ rating through the BBB.

The interior light and radio automatically shuts off after about two minutes so there is nothing that I have left on in the car. The headlights are auto.

My plan is to take it in for a tune up then take it to have a diagnostic to see what shows up.

I am female and don't know how to work on a car.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong would be appreciated.