Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

SeaFoam

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
I just plugged the brake booster hose with my thumb when it wanted to cut off
I tried that as well But the fan belt started squeeling like crazy as well for some reason so I just shut it off, Now after doing it I saw some white smoke but nothing like Ive seen in videos etc But Im doing it now in the winter, Does that make a difference since the car doesnt get as hot?

Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Fan belt? You must be talking about the serpentine belt or the supercharger belt. Regardless, it shouldn't have slipped (so you might want to check your belt's condition). The instructions are on the side of the can though. I would think with it being winter, there would be MORE white smoke than anything else. I guess each car varies - my Monte produced a lot of white smoke and my Honda produced very little....

Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM

Crap ya your right serpentine belt Fans dont have a belt duhhhh!!

Probably didnt smoke too much because last summer I had the whole Fuel system flushed and cleaned by GM!!

Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM

it depends on how much carbon build up is in the engine as to how much smoke you get, an since you did a seafoam last year it probly dont have much build up

when added to gas you can just run it, but when added to oil you should only let it run for like 30mins then do an oil an filter change as it does thin the oil an can cause engine damage if you just leave it in there

Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by 3.4Dually
it depends on how much carbon build up is in the engine as to how much smoke you get, an since you did a seafoam last year it probly dont have much build up

when added to gas you can just run it, but when added to oil you should only let it run for like 30mins then do an oil an filter change as it does thin the oil an can cause engine damage if you just leave it in there
Thanks ya I put a can last week in my full tank of gas and was saving half a can too throw in my crankcase just before my next oilchange. Thanks for the tips guys, Keep em coming.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:53 PM

I had a local mechanic run the Transmission Tune-Up from Seafoam in my 99 Monte with the 3.1 and at first I thought I had a brand new car. After I moved from East Coast to West Coast however, the car gradually began to, I guess you can say, vibrate whenever I am a stop light or stuck in traffic. Car is always in gear and brake depressed. I can't help but think that using that Seafoam may have cleaned it so much that now the car exhibits this behavior. Any ideas? It may not be related to that at all but I can say that the car shifts very hard from 1 to 2 and from 2 - 3. Once it's up to speed she runs perfectly.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Did he change the tranny fluid and filter after running the Seafoam through the system? If no, you need to and if yes, add a quart of Lucas Transmission "Stop Slip" to your existing tranny fluid. It will firm up your shifting issues, I had an Chevy ZR2 S10 and Full size GMC Sierra and that Stop Slip was remarkable in stopping hard shifts. Just keep your foot off the accelerator and chill while you drive and you can go for some time on a bad tranny. Add more later on if the symptoms come back after a few months. Follow the instructions on the bottle, add and then drive around for a few miles.

Link to read on the Stop Slip below:

LucasTransmission Fix

Old 02-25-2017, 01:24 AM
Default Used Seafoam no my car is running horrible

So I added the correct amount of seafoam to my brake booster , gas tank, and engine oil crankcase on my 2003 Monte Carlo SS 3.8 and I neglected to read I have to rev the engine around 1500-2500 rpm after using the treatment and I just let my car reach operating temperature and then I hopped in and started gunning in like directions said and when I gunned it I felt a hiccup and then my car started to stall out every time I started it and I have no acceleration nor power and I don't know what to do please help!!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Did you reconnect the brake booster hose?