Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

seafoam update from a new member!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default seafoam update from a new member!!

this was posted to me for my 3.9 but may be helpful for other members about seafoam!! new member

Quatermain N/A SS

Re: Knowledgable Noob
No problem, but just do lots of shopping for a CAI, if you can't get it from K&N then Thrasher makes one, Wizair makes one, SLP makes one, there's tons, of if you're skilled enough you can make one yourself, or...the cheaper route might be to get a replacement air filter from K&N, it generally adds 1-5HP, not much but every HP counts. I'd also recommend, if you can afford it, that when you put in the CAI to add the downpipe too, for better breathing, more air coming in, you need a better way to push it out, BUT don't push too much out with those performance exhausts, then you lose low end torque, and torque is very hard to earn back. Lastly, one of the best mods you can do to you car without possibly damaging any engine internals is to keep excellent maintenance on it. Add a transmission cooler, add a transmission filter, replace the fuel filter, clean out the fuel lines, (Seafoam engine cleaner, from Walmart it costs $6, good stuff) or a more thorough job from the dealer would cost you about $60, and performance ignition units/spark plugs, let's your engine start better, idle better, reach higher RPMs more safely, yadayadayada. The most overlooked mod is just putting your car back in tip top shape.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Quatermain N/A SS

i just wanted to say thanks for your info, i will consider everything you have said in your PMs to me, see ya