Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

No horn

Old 11-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Default No horn

Bought my Monte and the horn don't work. I've taken a part the steering wheel and it has one part missing its the part probably makes the horn ground. all I know is the part cost $25.00 . This I a 84 Monte. Did these cars have a horn relay? the horns themselves work.but I don't know much about what I have to do to get the thing working from inside the horn button. any ideas? the fuse block has been really hacked. I found out when the horn fuse is but there is another wire in there with no fuse. Hacked up remember, can I run a wire from the horns to the inside of the car and connect it to a toggle switch, and use that? if I did that where would be my power source? Let me know Dave

Old 11-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by djpink1947 View Post
Bought my Monte and the horn don't work. I've taken a part the steering wheel and it has one part missing its the part probably makes the horn ground. all I know is the part cost $25.00 . This I a 84 Monte. Did these cars have a horn relay? the horns themselves work.but I don't know much about what I have to do to get the thing working from inside the horn button. any ideas? the fuse block has been really hacked. I found out when the horn fuse is but there is another wire in there with no fuse. Hacked up remember, can I run a wire from the horns to the inside of the car and connect it to a toggle switch, and use that? if I did that where would be my power source? Let me know Dave
I think they make a horn button that you can attach to the inside of the car.
I had an 85 Monte years ago in 1986 I got it had about 500 miles on it when I bought it.
But I can't remember when all that stuff was.
Now you need a donor car to fix all the little things.

https://www.google.com/search?source...31.CuL8rVCXa1s

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.