Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Nice 02 SS . 0-60 in about a two miles .

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 AM

I have an appointment set up for Monday , Thanks bud . I do appreciate everyone's responses to the issues Monte and I are going through .

Old 01-25-2015, 11:29 AM

I appreciate the advice bud . The weather should be clearing around noon-ish . I will check those to make sure .

Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
I have to ask too. What codes are you getting on you CEL? Did you use a AC/Delco MAS? When I got my 02MCSS, the MAS was bad. I went to EBAY and got one for $35. A month or so later I started having issue. It would idle rough on a cold start, and it would start and die right away when the motor was warm, unless I rev'ed it to about 1800 rpm for 30 seconds. Then it would run until it reach operating temp. Then stall and would not run until the temp dropped by 15°. It finally stopped running on my way home in a Blizzard. All this time I had No CEL codes. I thought it was the Ignition module because it was Heat related. The Pep Boys I use for Winter repairs, cause I only have a Shade Tree to work under!, Found it to be the MAS. They put the new MAS in, problem solved. But in searching for the problem they found that my CAT was bad. You could smell it but it did not turn Red Hot.

Also, I will remind you that New does not mean Good. I recently had a Complete rebuild on my Trans. With in a day after the repair, I found that the Torque converter, although brand new, was defective. It happens. Outside of cars, I use to build computers for Arcade games, when a customer would tell me that the game was New, I would tell them there is a reason for "The Lemon Law".
My point is, don't discount a part as the cause of your problem JUST because it was recently replace with New!
You are sure right about that . I will check again to make sure that the MAS isn't showing to be out of range . I have bought faulty parts new several times in the past . The MAP sensor is not showing out of range , as of right now any way .

Old 01-25-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
I have to ask too. What codes are you getting on you CEL? Did you use a AC/Delco MAS? When I got my 02MCSS, the MAS was bad. I went to EBAY and got one for $35. A month or so later I started having issue. It would idle rough on a cold start, and it would start and die right away when the motor was warm, unless I rev'ed it to about 1800 rpm for 30 seconds. Then it would run until it reach operating temp. Then stall and would not run until the temp dropped by 15°. It finally stopped running on my way home in a Blizzard. All this time I had No CEL codes. I thought it was the Ignition module because it was Heat related. The Pep Boys I use for Winter repairs, cause I only have a Shade Tree to work under!, Found it to be the MAS. They put the new MAS in, problem solved. But in searching for the problem they found that my CAT was bad. You could smell it but it did not turn Red Hot.

Also, I will remind you that New does not mean Good. I recently had a Complete rebuild on my Trans. With in a day after the repair, I found that the Torque converter, although brand new, was defective. It happens. Outside of cars, I use to build computers for Arcade games, when a customer would tell me that the game was New, I would tell them there is a reason for "The Lemon Law".
My point is, don't discount a part as the cause of your problem JUST because it was recently replace with New!
Autozone is showing a hitachi as OE . I tried a cross reference and couldn't find a part number for a delco MAF sensor .

Old 01-25-2015, 02:41 PM

ACDELCO Part # 2134337 {#19179715} GM Original Equipment 3.8

ACDELCO Part # 2133458 {#19112573} Professional||Remanufactured 3.4 OE was Delphi

Last edited by Ill_Born_ss; 01-25-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by John M.
I have an appointment set up for Monday , Thanks bud . I do appreciate everyone's responses to the issues Monte and I are going through .
Did you fix the problem or figure out what is was? I have an 02 MCSS that is having the same problems.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:58 PM

I'm sure you are well aware of the shorts that are common with our traction control wiring harnesses. Water seeps into them and rewiring is needed. If you find a person who is good with wiring, it should only be a $100 job.

With regards to your main issue, I would check your fuel injectors and fuel rail. It could be a fuel delivery or compression issue. If it's compression, you could be getting a lucky warning on your intake gaskets.

Are getting a cylinder misfire code?
Have you ever had a tune up?