General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hey guys, two quick questions. . .

Old 10-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Default Hey guys, two quick questions. . .

First of all, just to update, my water pump went out on me today. . .really hit the wallet hard. . .355 bucks to fix from the dealership. They also said my intake manifold could be leaking. . .what else can go wrong? Anyways, first question is. . .my car has 100,500 miles on it. . .yeah, its alot don't remind me. Its my DD. But the tranny fluid has never been changed, how bad would it hurt my car to have it changed now. . .filter and all. Would it ruin the gasket to have the pan dropped and completely flush it? I need this car to last me a long time so I want whats best for my car. Any info would be great.

Secondly. . .I have the stock 16" rims on my car and I want to get the widest possible tire with a small sidewall for it. Does anyone know what the specs are for the rim width, and/or know what is the widest tire i can get? Brand and cost don't matter. But I don't have enough money to get new rims, thats why I'm doing this. Thanks guys.

MonteriderLS

Old 10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Hey guys, two quick questions. . .

You should be fine with a pan drop. I would not suggest you flush the system @ 100K.. The gasket will have to be replaced, and don't foget the filter...

Check out the new Dexron VI trans fluid...

Old 10-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

dont' get your vehicle fixed @ the stealership unless its under warranty, they're the most expensive place to go to to buy parts or fix parts.

only go there if you have to

i sell a brand new water pump(life time warranty) for 43.95

a rebuilt one is about 35 bucks(1 year warranty)

these are canadian prices too

i know you didn't want to be reminded buy why spend so much of your hard earned money

and to change them on that car wouldn't cost that much in labor

always price around, most of the time its cheaper to buy your own parts and take them wherever you go to

Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 PM

Yeah I know I got ripped a new one. . .Next time I'll shop around. . .just when it went out I didn't really have time to shop around. . .I needed my car back then and there. . .

So this new dexron VI fluid. . .is it safe for a 2000 Tranny? And has it proven itself worthy enough to hold up?

Sorry for so many questions. . .I'm just paranoid because I can't afford to fork out more than I have to, to get my car in tip top running order. She's my daily driver so I want the best for the long haul.

Thanks,
MonteriderLS