Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any one sell insurance for cars? that can answer a question or two?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Any one sell insurance for cars? that can answer a question or two?

if you havent heard me ranting about the fun i have ahd with my car latley after it was shipped back to the states from Germany here is a quick overview.

i shippied it back threw the Mil. they sent it to Dallas TX. from Germany for us. As part of our move.
When i recived my car back it had been damaged.
it had ventshades on the doors and also the sun roof they managed to tear the one on the roof completly off the car.
the ones on teh doors are real close to commign off but instead sit there and flop with the wind flow aroudn them as you drive (keep waiting to look up and see them gone completly)

They try to steal the T.V. monitors i had in the head rest. one on the Pass side of the car was fliped completly upside down.
The driver side has been pulled out to the point that the mounting is all lose in there now. And to top it off they broke them so they donw work at all now. They show power btu wont get signal in to them .

They put soemthing on the motor to clean it and while doign so destroyed my engin cover that happend to be painted and clear coated with more then 5 coats of clear to protect the Autographed signitures of Warren Jhonson, Tommy Jhonson JR. Melony Troxil, Cory Mc Clullan "C.Mac"
And Jim Yates.
All but Melony Troxel had singed the car on to seperate ocations and also dated the cover when they did it.
I had cleared the cover each time for protection of thier names and the cover.

Theya re now all ruined by the chemical they sprayed on to it has caused them to run togeather and become a mess some of the names are almost unledgabel completly.

They hit something with the door to screw up the side molding and chipp it to the blac plastic it was molded out of.
They scratched the paint in several places that were not done before shipping.

And now after takign on another longer road trip the car is now slipping in and out of gear. To get it to go 5MPH faster you ahve to burry your foot in to it to get it in to passing gear so it can gain the speed to pick up the 5MPH.

The car ahs a strange viberation in it at 70 MPH and it is both in the wheel and also the seat.

The car is out of alliment now the steering wheel is almost 1/4 out of being top center with the colum.

there is a long black scrub mark on th ebottom of the body kit down the drivers side of the car.

The ing. switch locked up on me Sat. while in Gorgetown T.X. visiting family. We ahd to call a lock smith to get it fixed. to the tune of 165.00 pluse the service call of 55.00 for them to come out and just get the lock to where ti will turn not even replacing it becuse they didnt ahve the correct one for the car. So i have to still get it replaced threw the dealer on Monday so the car can be deemed safe from theft with in reason.

And im sure im forgetting things here jsut nto in the best of moods to type right now. But the questions i have is What or how do the determin the value of the car is great enough to keep it or total it?
I want to keep my car and don't want to see it destroyed it has and is a good car still just they screwed thigns up that desperately need fixed for it to be normal agian.

I guess the reality of this is im worried that after finding all of this wrong and now the tranny messed up to it will be a toatl for them.

I ma just so ticked right nwo i would love to go and talk to all that had thier hands on the car while it was beign shipped over here.
Im sur ei might not say much but really would love to talk with the, .

Anyway Let me know your ideas and opinios on it Please.

Oh and i can tell you after taking it in for one estamate on teh stereo and interior alone they are looking at 2500.00 for jsu tthe screens and labor not includeing the headreast they need to replace becuse of the way they tore them up.
i for get off ahnd wha tth

Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Default RE: Any one sell insurance for cars? that can answer a question or two?

Damn!!! Did the military ship it back, or was that done through a 3rd party cargo transport?

Old 04-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

they paid for it but it was threw a transporter/carrier

Im not blaming the military as they actually dont have alot to do with anything but paying for it and the paper work. but as far as the carrier gose i could care les sif they ever shipped another car.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:26 AM

No, it wouldn't have been the military's fault, I just didn't know if it came back on one of their carriers.

Were you able to find out if you can do anything legally with the transport company?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 AM

Go to your base legal office with your claims and estimates for repairing the damage. The goverment is responsible for what happened to the car, they in turn will get any money lost by the for the damage from the transport company. Did you take pictures of the car prior to shipment. They will help with the claim process. Also contact the transport company and notifiy them of your issues and that you are submitting a claim. You never know what they might be willing to do to fix the problems.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i have contacted everyone involved and also let them know i was makeing a claim on it. unfortchantly if you are in the Mil. then you will find out if you havent that the claims thing seems to be a pre rec. for moving house hold goods to. LOL
they stole some stuff rom us this time also. this whole move has just really made us real glad to know it was the last one they will be moving us in a Gov. contract.

As far as photos go I have photos or the whole car Exce0pt the damed motor cover. I ahve the photos of they singing it and also the photos of it before they sined it the second time But for soem reason i didnt get oen of it after they were done with it this time. the year before when they did i did get shots of it that show it and also others that show it threw out the year in shows and the camera is a high end digital so they have the exif info tha ti can pull up on all of the photos so it will have a time and dates stamp in them and include the lens,F-stop etc.... So im hoping they will except it for the new autographs also.
They damages the old ones and also the new ones. just wish i had a shot of them fresh on there when tehy were all in perfect shape still.

Normally i do this why i didnt this time i will never know.