Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Monte carlo going kahoots!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Default Monte carlo going kahoots!

hello guys, I am working on a friends monte and I need some input. It is a 2000, loaded, 19x,xxx miles.

The car sat for a while, his dad paid a shop to work on it, because it wouldn't start. They (the shop) got in and it started right up they said. So they changed the oil, and aired up the tires, and sent him home. The car sat for a couple months, and would not start. So I came over, to take a look at it. The electrical system was freaking out. All the light where flashing inside, the alarm started going off after a while, the guages where all over the place, jumping back and forth. So I told him it had major electrical issues and I would deal with it another time when it was somewhere else I could actually work on it. While we where trying to start it, it wouldn't click or anything. We tried jumping it too.

So yesterday we towed it to a better place. Went to the local zone and got a new batt. Tried starting it, and the alarm imideatly went off. But still no click or anything. This time the lights where flashing, but I think they where because of the alarm. So I disconected the batt. to stop the alarm. The FOB does not work. I got under the car, after reconecting the battery, with my 12v tester and had power to the starter, then had him crank it while I probed the ignition wire, and it fired up. So I drove the car around, ran pretty good, but the alarm was still going off (I took out the horn relay so it wasnt to bad). got back, shut it off, started up. Multiple times as it should. So I disconected the battery to reset the alarm, and it wouldnt start. I am stumped. I have no clue what it is. If the car turns over, it fires. But i cant get it to turn over.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Could the BCM be bad? Usually when there are a lot of mysterious electrical problems it all comes back to that.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Thats almost what I was thinking. I assume that controls the alarm too? It is a factory alarm. Where is the BCM located on the car?

Also, I forgot to mention, the power locks don't work.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Sounds like the BCM to me too.