Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

How tO do a burnout

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by blackbeauty89
if you have to ask how to do a burnout, then you probably shouldn't be doing one anyway. and that also means the car isn't really capable
True lol. I mean I will love Monte Carlos till the end of time but I have to admit that GM just didnt do a good job on keeping the name alive. They have/had too many cars on that one platform... From a powerful coupe to a "sporty" coupe (which I dont see) is like making a camaro with a 2.0 4 cylinder engine... I still kinda look down on the 5.3 v8 Montes because I can tell they just gave up on the car. Wow I almost lost the topic lol.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM

I did a burn out to see if I could. All I had to do was floor it from a stop on dry pavement. Did it on wet pavement and front end went across both lanes so I stopped and put traction control back on.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I did a burn out to see if I could. All I had to do was floor it from a stop on dry pavement. Did it on wet pavement and front end went across both lanes so I stopped and put traction control back on.
Learned your lesson? jk lol

Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
These cars only send power to one front wheel
Sorry to go off topic on this but when my wheels spin, both of the tires spin at the same time. Its not just in a straight line either, if I really get on it while turning, i can feel both spin by the way it looses traction in such a quick way. Why would this be? its a stock 4t60e. im just curious if theres a difference in the HD trans'?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Sorry to go off topic on this but when my wheels spin, both of the tires spin at the same time. Its not just in a straight line either, if I really get on it while turning, i can feel both spin by the way it looses traction in such a quick way. Why would this be? its a stock 4t60e. im just curious if theres a difference in the HD trans'?
Wow! I didnt even think you still had a Monte... Havent seen any recent posts. Im lost at the one powered wheel thing also...

Straight from ZZP: The internals of the non-HD transmission are nearly identical to the HD version. The differential is weaker but that is only stressed during launching. Any modification that increases horsepower will increase the stress on transmission components but the stock transmission is fine to around 300 crank HP.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM

Hmm? But yeah ill never get rid of it.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

add a bit of power and it will be the easiest way of burning rubber very easily. my smoke tire at a 50mph roll in my turbo monte throw some boost to it and you will have no problem doing them but as everyone said beware of trans issues that will be almost guaranteed to come do to this.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 PM

I was able to get a sound clip (cellphone, no video recorder) of me taking off from a dead stop in my Monte. In the sound clip I had my 16s on. I had a little smoke but not much at all. If you cant burn atleast a little rubber from a red light then you have excellent tires or something is wrong. If I can shake my 20s loose for a 1 second I know you can make some kind of sound... This was on a closed road on private property...

From a dead stop - YouTube

Old 03-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

A bit less tire spin than i got when i did my 0-60

1997 Chevy Monte Carlo 0-60 - YouTube

Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 AM

Quick Reply: How tO do a burnout