Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   How tO do a burnout (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/how-do-burnout-34728/)

Tyrellg15 03-06-2012 07:01 PM

How tO do a burnout

I have a 2002 monte SS an everytime I try to do a burnout with the e brake fully down it just drags the back tire I want to know how to do a successful burnout being that it is front wheel drive?

ChibiBlackSheep 03-07-2012 08:39 AM

For starters you are going to completely ruin your already weak transmission doing this kind of stuff.

Not to mention ruin your tires.

On the topic of tires, they might be too good. These cars only send power to one front wheel, and they are heavy. Burnouts are not "easy" with a stock car on dry pavement.

To do one you need to keep your left foot on the brake, and give it a good amount of gas until the brake almost can't hold it anymore, then let go of the brake and go full throttle.

If you are just setting the parking brake and giving it throttle you won't ever get a burnout.

MONTE2000SS 03-07-2012 10:02 AM

chibi has a great point these trannys arnt the toughest and doing a burnout is just asking for trouble...make sure you trac control is off and pavement a little wet ....i would suggest not to do it cause a tranny rebuild is like 2000.00 dollars and up so would it really be worth showing off one time??

03JGMonte 03-07-2012 10:35 AM

Yeah deff not a good idea to do, ive done it at the track a few times but it can mess up the trans, thats why i got a RWD car with a line lock :D

milrlyt 03-07-2012 12:38 PM

The only time I'd ever do a burnout in a FWD car is if the tranny is already on its way out and it's time to replace anyway. Cause then, why not? :p

Just be cautious and know the risks.

lougreen03 03-07-2012 01:47 PM

All I really have to do is stomp the gas from a dead stop. I agree with what others said, I'm not sure it's really worth ruining your car for but you just have to practice the brake gas method chibi mentioned. Just lighten up on the break and keep giving it a little more gas till it breaks loose. It's also not really worth the careless or reckless driving tickets.

BlackRainSS 03-07-2012 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 432064)
All I really have to do is stomp the gas from a dead stop. I agree with what others said, I'm not sure it's really worth ruining your car for but you just have to practice the brake gas method chibi mentioned. Just lighten up on the break and keep giving it a little more gas till it breaks loose. It's also not really worth the careless or reckless driving tickets.

Agree with everything said here :thumbsup::congrats: my car does a pretty good squeal when you romp on it too for beign supercharged but ive only done it twice

zipper 03-07-2012 08:04 PM

I just mash the gas, lol.

Once you build up your Monte a bit, instead of not being able to do a burnout when you're trying you'll start doing them on accident like this: Procharged Monte Carlo second try 0-60 (fail again) - YouTube

zjerry 03-07-2012 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 432064)

X2 Just stomp the gas an both front tires go up in smoke..:rotfl:

BigPana 03-07-2012 08:18 PM

Just mash the gas or left foot on brake and right foot on the gas has worked for me ! I've only done it 3x since finding out about the weak tranny ! :cool: