Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

How tO do a burnout

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Lightbulb How tO do a burnout

I have a 2002 monte SS an everytime I try to do a burnout with the e brake fully down it just drags the back tire I want to know how to do a successful burnout being that it is front wheel drive?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For starters you are going to completely ruin your already weak transmission doing this kind of stuff.

Not to mention ruin your tires.

On the topic of tires, they might be too good. These cars only send power to one front wheel, and they are heavy. Burnouts are not "easy" with a stock car on dry pavement.

To do one you need to keep your left foot on the brake, and give it a good amount of gas until the brake almost can't hold it anymore, then let go of the brake and go full throttle.

If you are just setting the parking brake and giving it throttle you won't ever get a burnout.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM

chibi has a great point these trannys arnt the toughest and doing a burnout is just asking for trouble...make sure you trac control is off and pavement a little wet ....i would suggest not to do it cause a tranny rebuild is like 2000.00 dollars and up so would it really be worth showing off one time??

Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yeah deff not a good idea to do, ive done it at the track a few times but it can mess up the trans, thats why i got a RWD car with a line lock

Old 03-07-2012, 12:38 PM

The only time I'd ever do a burnout in a FWD car is if the tranny is already on its way out and it's time to replace anyway. Cause then, why not? :p

Just be cautious and know the risks.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All I really have to do is stomp the gas from a dead stop. I agree with what others said, I'm not sure it's really worth ruining your car for but you just have to practice the brake gas method chibi mentioned. Just lighten up on the break and keep giving it a little more gas till it breaks loose. It's also not really worth the careless or reckless driving tickets.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
All I really have to do is stomp the gas from a dead stop. I agree with what others said, I'm not sure it's really worth ruining your car for but you just have to practice the brake gas method chibi mentioned. Just lighten up on the break and keep giving it a little more gas till it breaks loose. It's also not really worth the careless or reckless driving tickets.
Agree with everything said here my car does a pretty good squeal when you romp on it too for beign supercharged but ive only done it twice

Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just mash the gas, lol.

Once you build up your Monte a bit, instead of not being able to do a burnout when you're trying you'll start doing them on accident like this: Procharged Monte Carlo second try 0-60 (fail again) - YouTube

Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
X2 Just stomp the gas an both front tires go up in smoke..

Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 PM

Just mash the gas or left foot on brake and right foot on the gas has worked for me ! I've only done it 3x since finding out about the weak tranny !

Quick Reply: How tO do a burnout