Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Electrical Issues Interior/Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:05 PM

OK so BIGAL 131, You where having the same issues as me?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:23 PM

01moneycarlo...lol....i like that user name cuz for sure i spent a lot of money on my SS 2002 Pace car as well...I didnt have the exact issues as you but every BCM issue isnt the same on our cars since it does control a lot of the cars electrical system.Some of my issues were as follows:Remote did not lock or unlock my doors at times, The car sometimes didnt start, like it had a dead battery with what sounded like some relays clicking under the drivers side dash then after waiting for a little bit it would start normally, back up lights turned on and off while backing up..very noticeable at night by the way!, No headlight delay when shutting off the car or arming or disarming the alarm, Radio stations in memory would be lost sometimes...would have to put the stations back into radio memory and would loose them again in about a week. All lights including headlights and tailights would flicker while driving at night..some people thought i was flashing them at night...there is more but my fingers are getting tired of typing....hope this answers your question on my BCM issues! Good Luck!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Doesn't necessarily sound like a BCM issue to me.. it actually sounds like a few discrete problems

For the dash lighting problem... does the factory radio display act funny (IE: Is it dim when the odometer is dim?) ? What happens when you rotate the headlight **** to brighten/dim the interior lights? It could be a cluster on the way out or the headlight dimmer switch on the way out

Your gas gauge issue sounds like the sender is bad... very common

Your turn signal issue is likely a bad hazard switch (again, very common). When your signals don't work, turn the hazards on and off a few times and see if they start working

For your headlight issue, check the bulb on the passenger side, check the wiring harness both to the headlight and in the headlight and make sure the ground on the radiator support is good. If you engage the high beams, are they both the same brightness?

BBEngineer

Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Yes, the factory radio is dim when the odometer is dim. When I rotate the switch nothing happens.

When my turn signals started acting crazy, I hit the Hazard button a few times then they started to work.

The ground to the radiator is fine. All the bulbs work in my head light. No matter which set of lights are on the passenger side is dim. that goes for high beams and low beams. Fog lights and side marker lights re fine.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by 01MoneyCarloSS
Yes, the factory radio is dim when the odometer is dim. When I rotate the switch nothing happens.
Do the rest of the interior lights dim when you rotate the ****? If not, you need to replace the headlight switch... if they do, then you likely need a BCM

When my turn signals started acting crazy, I hit the Hazard button a few times then they started to work.
Replace the hazard switch

The ground to the radiator is fine. All the bulbs work in my head light. No matter which set of lights are on the passenger side is dim. that goes for high beams and low beams. Fog lights and side marker lights re fine.
Replace the 10Amp EXT LTS fuse in the under the hood fuse block... If that doesn't fix it, as an experiment, swap the left and right headlight assemblies and see if it follows the headlight assembly, or stays on the same side of the car... then report your findings back here

BBEngineer

Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Still working on getting the money for the headlight switch and hazard switch. But I did switch out the 10amp fuse and it did fix my headlight issue...

Thanks...

Old 11-22-2016, 05:41 PM

Ok, this sounds similar to what I have yet worse.(worse for them not me) A few weeks back my dash lights and console lights went out suddenly. I mean I was driving, stopped for gas, got back in and no more dash or console lights, the cruise light will light, abs seat belt lights and such , just not cluster lights. I went in and found were the fuse was for the clusters and replaced it, it was burnt out. It was good for about a week? Went back out, yet the fuse was not blown this time. I went and switched it again and after a couple tries I got the console to light so I thought I fixed it. Next morning it didn't work again.
I'm at a loss to where to look now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.