Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Interior / Exterior LED's

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Default Interior / Exterior LED's

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS and I recently purchased LED's for my dome light, map lights, floor lights, back-up lights, and license plate light. Basically I got a white LED for every white bulb I had. LOL. I DID NOT however want to replace the turning lamps or brake lamps.

My question is... Will LED's harm the factory wiring on your car? I keep reading about when you replace bulbs with LED's something about changing fuses? I'm not sure if that's if your adding some kind of additional LED lighting or if that's like my case where I'm just replacing bulbs. I don't want to mess up the wiring on my car because I only have about 500 miles left on the factory warranty and I know NOTHING about cars except how to put gas in it, and change a light bulb, LOL.

Has anybody here ever replaced their lights with LED's and had problems or know anybody has? Or since LED draws less current is there no way that a wiring problem could come about?

HELP!
Jay

Old 11-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Default RE: Interior / Exterior LED's

no they wont harm the wireing.

BUT. the flashers will flash faster or not at all due to the L.E.D. not useing as much amprage as the incondesint bulbs will.

but they will not harm the wireing. but you might have to get a resitor to pull more amprage so that it will act like a bulb for power draw.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:54 AM

where did you get all your LEDs from?

Old 11-19-2007, 02:28 PM

I got them from superbrightleds.com. I went ahead and installed them and they look great! All the white lights in and outsidemy car have that HID look. I didn't replace the blinkers or break lights because of "Service Electrical System" message that will come up on my driver information console. But all the other lights I replaced look great with no message.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 PM

I didnt do any of the out side lights in mine jus tthe dash and i also added curtisy lights on my car.
in the inside door handel wells.
in side the center councial.
under the out side door handels light up red.
under the seat i have started to make a set to fit under there that i can actually mount with out having to worry of cutting the wires etc..

oh also on the door pannels where the lenses are for actual curtisy lights i made mine work.

I went to Daves Electronics for all of my LEDS. he did me right on them but honeslty i have foudn there are others out there cheaper and also that have the resitors already in the LED its self witch would have made my life SO MUCH EASIER!! i actually plan to change mine all ofer to red here shortly.
But want to get a small pick up to drive so i can put the monte down when i do this.