Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th gen Monte Carlo Interior electrical buzzing

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Default 6th gen Monte Carlo Interior electrical buzzing

Hey Guys,

Great forum here. I'm having an issue recently after putting my car in the garage. They replaced the alternator, timing belt, and battery(domino effect ugh...). I noticed now, there is an electrical buzzing noise that comes on when my interior floor lights and dome light is turned on.

The noise seems to be located in the passenger side below the glove compartment, maybe it's the bulb itself not able to handle the new voltage? Everything else seem's fine, i'm afraid it may be a loose connection and cause a fire, or maybe be damaged from the garage repair?

Any help would be appreciated on this matter.

MonteFirst

Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Not really sure on that (someone else can provide more detail I'm sure) but do you have the key in and turned to ACC or are you referring to just when you open the doors or just turn the lights on in general. B/C if you have it in ACC I'm thinking it could even be your blower motor (it's up in the passenger side, under the glove compartment). Inside the panel with the foot light.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:55 PM

Hey Mike,

The problem occurs as soon as i open the door. It's effecting the passenger side floor light, with some minor dimming and flickering etc... That seems to be where the power source is being effected, connecting to that light. Everything else seems to be in working order. Funny it happened right after changing a battery out, i'm wondering if it tripped anything.