Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Chaseing a ghost

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 08:09 AM
Default Chaseing a ghost

I have a 2001 monte Carlo will not start only the rear flashers are on. Radio and dash original security is flashing fast. losing power from battery. Has a weird aftermarket Delphi Delco electric system. (in the back drivers side wheel well in the trunk connected to the fuel pump ECT) I did trace it and it dose connect to the fuel pump. Thinking maybe needing to bypass the security behind the radio but am unsure plz help. If you've have had this problem lmk. I did get the car to run after salving a connection issue to the battery cable but soon after the fuel pump would not shut off even when key was not in. So we unplugged the Delphi Delco electric system to get it to shut off the fuel pump and that worked. The gauge cluster was moving slightly with the key out. once I unplugged the electronic system it stopped all that. I could tell the fuel pump was making popping sound (it was behind me) I knew it was the fuel pump. I'm trying to figure out how to bypass that system and how it's hooked up to the fuel pump

Last edited by Ethanblack555; 04-05-2023 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ethanblack555
has a weird security system in the back trunk connected to the fuel pump
Is this an aftermarket security system? We'd need to know more details if that's the case.

Has this car ever started for you or is this something new that just popped up?

Old 04-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Default Yes

I have updated it more I was half asleep when making the post I should have left more info

Old 04-05-2023, 04:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Small suggestion. I swear I am not the grammar police, but please use periods. It makes your stuff a lot easier to read and increases your chance to get assistance.

I am pretty sure that Delphi device you are showing in some of the pics is the OnStar hardware. If it was bolted up behind the right rear wheel well, then that is it. It does nothing with fueling. I am doubting it has any impact in your issue with not starting. You should be able to safely disconnect it if you wish to test. If I follow your post correctly, it sounds like the Security Message on the instrument cluster is flashing? If so, do a PCM Security relearn (the instructions are in our FWD Tech Info). If you are talking about the red light on the factory radio, that i meaningless. It is just to show the car has an anti-theft system.

Out side of that, I think more information would be required.