Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

85 SS Wiring Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Default 85 SS Wiring Issue

i have my hot wire from starter running to switch, from the "hot" post of that switch power is sent to my starter switch and from bottom post a wire running to Batt slot in fuse block. Electric fuel pump wired to constant hot in fuse block, therefore flip switch for power, turn key for block to get power (starts fuel pump) and flip starter switch til she fires up and flip back off starter switch leaving main power switch and key on. If either are cut off fuse block looses power. HERE is my problem, switch is still hot but fuse block is not so i have nothing but a working starter switch. Replaced switch and no luck. Thinking it may be ignition switch but i would like to bypass that and straight wire another switch for my fuse block as well as another for my fuel pump to keep any extra load off of that block. Which wire do I need to find that transfers the power from my key switch to my fuse block so i can put a switch on it and get this thing on the road??? My first project and she was running like a scalded dog, please help.