Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Wiring harness issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Default Wiring harness issue

I had the lighter short out in my 03 and fried the harness going from the lighter under the passenger seat up to the fuse box. Does anyone know if I can get that whole harness some how? I've gotten part of a harness off one in a junk yard, but has some wires mine don't. Also have wires my car has but the other harness don't. I'm at a lost on how else to fix. Is there a number code that I can give a dealership to get another? Thanx in advance for any help.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:09 PM

I would try again at the junk yard before buying a new one,i searched for an engine harness from the dealer and they wanted more than $500 for it so im sure that harness would still be pricey,you might just be able to search for BCM harness (body control module) but like I said im not too sure about the wires,does anything else work like sunroof,seats ect.?

Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 AM

I don't have sunroof or electric seats. But the car started and drove on/off the trailer after it happened. My car has next to nothing in it options wise. But the harness I got from the junk yard was from a model that had the sunroof and electric seats. That's why I'm kinda at a lost on what to do next or how to go about it.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 PM

OH MY GOSH! My car did EXACT same thing this weekend. 2004 MC Intimidator SS Supercharged. Fire Dept said they think it was a shorted wire since we had taken the console out while it was smoking & threw ice water from a cooler n trunk 2 put it out & wires were all exposed.. Chevy has discontinued the complete body wiring harness. I called Hendrick Motorsports .....nada there. Even asked if Dale Jr. had 1 N a tree. No junkyard N Houston has 1....nor any city N the country on Craigslist....nor surrounding territories. Please tell me what U have done 2 fix your's....I am @ a total loss. Car drives but I am afraid of what could B burnt under dash 2 fuse box on passenger side...comes from cig lighter & I am thinking it went under driver's seat 2 the wiring under there & on 2 driver side fuse box. Please give me any info. I was told I could only use a 2004 Supercharged harness.....no luck finding aftermarket either. Again....any info would B greatly appreciated. I MISS MY CAR! Also....have there been many other complaints of this? I have seen many complaints regarding dash cluster going haywire....mine does 2 sometimes. But....this is serious!

Last edited by Judy Pruitt; 06-17-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Mispellling