Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2000 Monte Carlo, turn key and nothing....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM

I know this is an old post but have you guys thought about checking your key. My car was doing the same thing and I would get the security light sometimes. I got a new key and it crunk up just fine every since. I don't know if this will help anybody or not but it did help me an its alot cheaper than replacing a starter, ignition, or a bcm.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm having the same issue with my 99 mc not starting. At 1st it was intermittent now not starting at all. I now have the security light flashing all the time which I'm guessing that the chip isn't being read. I have tried different keys and still the same. Not sure if I should change out the cylinder lock, all the electrical in the ignition or the BCM. Any suggestions?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 AM

You might have to go to the dealer and let them read the codes with the Tech 2 tool and that will tell you what is triggering the security light. That is just an option, but you will have to get it towed there. Has your lock cylinder ever been changed out? I would check before changing out the cylinder unless you know what your doing. If it was the BCM there would be more issues with the car like lights, radio, etc. Hopefully some with more knowledge on this matter will chime it with more info.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:58 PM
Default 04 Monte SS Dale JR Supercharged having similar problem.

So a few days ago the issue began with a buzzing sound coming from the dash when i used the turn signal and at the same time the brake, battert and airbag lights came on. The Trac off, check engine , and and service traction control were already on fron the harness being cut and at the time I hadn't fixed it yet but that has been fixed now. It did the saes thing as above a few times over the next couple days and has then began the same issue you guys are having with the no crank no start. Everything works fine when you turn the key and doesn't dim it just won't crank or anything. So I waited a bit and Wala it starts right up fine for the next couple days. Then last night same issue again won't crank and now I have no turn signals at all but the flashers are fine when I push the button. So after messing with it I've discovered that if I flick the signal switch back and forth several times after a couple minutes it will start right up and be fine until I turn it off. Amd everything works fine while it's running except for I have no turn signals now. Have any of you heard of thid and could it possibly be that because the signal switch is goin or has gone bad that it's the culprit of the no crank no start as well? I never had a problem with starting until the issue with the buzzing turn signals began.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by PacerSS
During these times of issue on your instrument panel is the gear selected lit up? Like is the P for park highlighted? I had a loose pin in the tranny housing that used to cause this. I'd check out the plug on both the harness and tranny end just to make sure. I figured it out one day after resting my forehead on the steering wheel in frustration and saw the light wasn't illuminated. Traced it down and viola. Until I had the trans replaced whenever it would happen I would just wiggle that harness a little and it would start right up.
where is this pin i have this issue now 07 SS ALslo no link via od

Old 11-05-2020, 09:23 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Default 2005 Monte 3.6 won’t start

I have an 05 Monte Carlo 3.6 v-6 I replaced multifunction switch car hasn’t started since lights are acting wired security light stays on won’t turn over at all don’t no what to do please help