Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Racing Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 06:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What do the iroc back seats look like?

Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by budweiser2983
I posted Maxima 0-60 already, you prove nothing. I saw the signature, etc. Team up all you want, you provided 1/4 mile time. Im speaking of 0-60. Is it that difficult?? What does seeing it person have to do with anything? lol, guess that makes it faster?? Im not comparing a 1/4 time, but 0-60. And a Maxima being a V6, stock, think what a V8 would be, with turbo, etc? Hate all you want, post your stats I already know, it doesnt help. I drive a Monte, it isnt that I dont like it, its just that there are plenty cars faster, without the extra money invested. A 4cyl WRX STOCK, would crush you. That is the point, dont invest $$$ in a heavy, FWD car. It isnt meant to be fast. Do you have wider tires in the rear?? lol. Long story.

Im attacking no one, if anything Im being attacked. I have a right to my opinion/truth, that is all. I dont need support, the truth hurts.
who cares about 0-60? there is no race that is only 0-60! even if they do beat me by a hair 0-60 they will get freight trained by the end of the race with me way ahead and on top. the guy winning 0-60 against me can be like in fast and furious i guess and say "dude i almost had you" if he wants but remember "you never had me? you never had your car, remember one thing a win is a win wether by an inch or a mile." 0-60 is not a race so all of these cars your throwing at me are invalid.

a stock wrx once again has no chance and falls into same category as i stated above so invalid point once again. and invest money into whatever you want to invest money into, see how fast you can make it and go stomp a lot of people and make them think to them selves what just happened.....

yea i do have wider tires in the rear along with the front, front for traction and rear to match and look uniform.... need to try and bash my ride any more? didnt you learn mcf dont put up with trash talking?

as far as members sticking up for me, ive been here a long time and am a regular on mcf. i have MANY build threads for anyone to see on here, you how ever are hardly ever on here and you randomly show up asking for a intake hose in another thread which poses me to believe thats the only reason you came here and now you are trash talking a member that is a regular and tries to help all other members here. (i even posted i knew where a intake hose was for you if you recall.... and this is how you treat fellow members that you want help from.... HA)

0-60 time, for the love of God that is ALL I wanna know. Put your phone, on the dash, and make a video. This isnt that difficult. Good grief. What would you do if you drove a 'Vette?? 0-60, you can do it!!
let me finish my mods and tune (by spring car doesnt see winter) and i will be glad to do a 0-60 even though it is pointless information and means nothing in a race i will do it just to shut you up and get you off my back so you can stop cluttering someone elses thread with useless posts. speaking of the thread hijack.... i said i was sorry to the thread starter and you post and say you dont care about hijacking the thread..... <-----ignorant much?!?!?! your ignorance is what we all have a problem with...

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Hey man, your not getting something, you came in here swinggin, talkin loud and being dis respectful. We are a respectful group of people and this isn't about talking crap. Im sorry if its seemed like we teamed up on you but you came in and it sounded very rude. I'm sure john would be happy to get a 0-60 time if is car wasn't taken apart, and if it hadn't gotten to the point where he doesnt care to please you anynore. I'm just saying this is rediculious and to please let it drop. You said the hijack was Ok but its not even your thread. We will all Do everyone a favor and we can all let it go.
well said but i will still please his fancy and make a 0-60 in the spring when im back up and running.....

I'm actually going to look through my scan logs on hpt and see if I have anything 0-60 even though if I find it it will be my old setup and def not a wot pull from a dig but it will be something. I'm looking...

Last edited by turbo monte; 12-21-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Unhappy >I hope this 'ends & we get back 2 having fun<

That's 'all > Peace/Out

Old 12-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Wow I had no idea an epic battle was unfolding on this thread. I too agree with my man Turbo Monte, stock and most modified Subi's, Evo's, Stangs, SRT8's are no match for his car. LOL, let alone a stock Nissan. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some mean and nasty Evo's, STI's, Supra's and such out there, but not all are THAT nasty. I chew them up quite regulary myself. Heavy FWD cars are not meant to be fast? Guess all the 9, 10,11 and 12 second guys should take their cars out and shoot them then

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 12-21-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I posted Maxima 0-60 already, you prove nothing. I saw the signature, etc. Team up all you want, you provided 1/4 mile time. Im speaking of 0-60. Is it that difficult??
John has made it clear, he currently does not have a 0-60 time available, only a 1/4 time. His car is not driven during the winter and to boot, it's currently in the middle of a build at the moment. I advise you just leave this issue alone. If John gets a 0-60 to post, great, if not, no need to keep calling him out on it.
We get it, he cannot prove his 0-60 can beat a Maxima or countless other cars. I think all of us (including John) will accept that claim until proof can be provided.

And a Maxima being a V6, stock, think what a V8 would be, with turbo, etc? Hate all you want, post your stats I already know, it doesnt help.
You are correct, the stats don't help provide a 0-60 time. Since your discussion is about a stock Maxima vs John's modded Monte, I thought comparing the 1/4 mile time might be of interest (at least to others following this debate.

I drive a Monte, it isnt that I dont like it, its just that there are plenty cars faster, without the extra money invested. A 4cyl WRX STOCK, would crush you. That is the point, dont invest $$$ in a heavy, FWD car. It isnt meant to be fast.
For some people, it's a simple matter that they love a specific car. Some love a Monte and have no interest in a Maxima or a WRX, so to them, it's worth making the car faster to compete with these.
Some of it is also total cost of ownership. Some cases it's a matter of a cheaper base car with expensive aftermarket mods, other cases, it's a more expensive base car with few/cheaper aftermarket mods. And of course, there are other combinations.
Under the discussion topic of why not buy a better/faster stock car, why not just go for a top of the line Vette or go for cars more exotic, like a Lamborghini, Ferrari? Cost.

Im attacking no one, if anything Im being attacked. I have a right to my opinion/truth, that is all. I dont need support, the truth hurts.
You have a right to your opinion, but the way you express yourself is coming across as rude and insulting. Name calling for example (which has been edited), does not help.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 12-21-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

1. This discussion doesn't belong in the 4th gen how to section. But I'm on my cell phone right now, and can't move it.

2. John already said his Monte is in mid-build at the moment.

3. Until new numbers are available, take the numbers given.

4. Unless you are willing to race John with a ride of your own, I suggest you ease up.

5. When moderators or staff warn you, I suggest you listen.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I think the racing seats look better in the back of a Monte Carlo than they do in a 2012 Maxima.
I agree Brent.

Not so sure about "spreading out" in the back seat with them though. Ouch. But this being a family forum, I'll leave it there.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 AM

Jeez, this thread sure got out of control.... Kinda odd to ask for proof of 0-60 times, when 1/4 time and mph are already posted, as that is sort of the standard measuring stick when it comes to drag racing. I don't think anyone is going to argue that fwd cars can launch the hardest (and thus have the lowest 0-60 times), it's obvious that AWD cars are always going to own that bragging right- but that also doesn't mean it's a waste to mod a FWD or RWD car as there are always ways to level the playing field (ie running 1/4 mile or longer, roll racing, or given one car lengths to compensate for a power or traction difference).

As much as I like my vette, I still think it kinda sucks to pull up to a cruise in and there are 15-20 other C6s there. Sure, it's nice to have other people with the same car to talk to and share ideas with, but its not unique at all. No doubt it's a quick car, but I didn't do anything other than sign a check for it to be that way. Sure I'll make it faster over time with more mods- but I certainly won't be innovating any new trails, I'll just be following a mod pattern set by everyone else before me on the LS engine platform.

That's why I like pulling up in my monte- its usually one of only a handful of montes, and usually is the only 5th gen. To make it more unique, it's usually the only L67 swapped car at cruise ins (save for an occasional fiero), and definitely the only whipple'd L67 in the area. Sure it's not the fastest thing in the lot (there are a good number of cars that show up regularly that are running 1k+ whp), but it's still fun- and it's not 1 of 10 other cars there with the same setup, so you usually get more respect from other car guys.

Back to the original topic- I think the idea of a 2+2 setup is pretty cool, however- if you're using good quality seats, that's going to be massively expensive to buy and properly set up 4 seats (install hardware, harnesses, etc). If having a back seat is an absolute requirement, I'd just buy 2 racing seats for up front, then take one of them and your stock back seat to a good upholstery shop, and have them recover the back bench to match the new front buckets.

I also think a full back race seat in the rear would inhibit visibility, and would look kinda odd. I've seen it done before on a larger 4 door car, but I think it would look somewhat unusual given our smaller backseat area.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 12-22-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Thumbs up Just Sharing > Cause we Care <

How to Install Corbeau LG1 Bucket Seats - Please Be Seated

Corbeau makes it easy to install aftermarket seats in your classic Chevy

By Evan J. Smith, Photography by Evan J. Smith

Super Chevy, December 20, 2013

Of all the decisions you'll make when restoring or restifying your Camaro, Nova, Chevelle, or other Chevrolet, picking a set of seats ranks right at the top. After all, you'll use them every time you drive the car, so your cost-per-use will show a great return. As you know, there are lots of seat options, from stock to aluminum racing seats to fully custom ones. But no matter what you motivation, having good chairs is of prime importance.
We've driven enough hot rods to know that high-performance seats that are comfortable and safe will enhance your driving experience, whether you're on track or rolling strong on the highway. As the center point of your office, a killer set of buckets will add style to your ride.
To enhance performance and style in our BTTS 1971 Camaro we installed a new set of leather LG1 buckets from Corbeau, along with its direct bolt-in seat brackets and retractable harness setup.

To enhance performance and style in our BTTS 1971 Camaro we installed a new set of leather

To kick our Back To the Street Camaro up multiple notches, we got with Corbeau and ordered its black leather LG1 seats (PN L25501), along with the company's bolt-in four-point retractable harness system. When BTTS was a dedicated bracket car, the stock driver's seat had been cut up to accommodate racing harnesses. The LG1 Corbeaus and harnesses were a far superior upgrade. They look like they belong in a muscle car, they have the bolstering and support we'll need when we exercise the car's upgraded suspension, they're comfortable and they're a great fit in the second-gen Camaro body.
"The one thing people don't fully understand about Corbeau seats is we've been designing seats for 50 years," said Nate Smith, managing director for Corbeau. "When we design seats we do so to enhance the look of your interior and to enhance the overall driving experience. We have over 20 different seat styles and brackets to fit almost every vehicle ever made. The bottom line is Corbeau seats will improve the look and style of your vehicle and will provide your comfort and support like you've never had before.
"Your 1971 Camaro is a perfect example. The LG1 racing seat is a consumer favorite when it comes to comfort. The second you sit in this seat you will see why so many customers are ranting and raving." Smith added. "Its unique curves and contours re-define comfort."
The seats look right at home in our Camaro, which has a somewhat stock look, albeit with a modern suspension and stance, and quite a few modern touches. Sitting in the Chevy, we feel locked in place, but they are not overly stiff or overly bolstered. The comfort level is a lot higher than many sport-type seats we've experienced.
Along with the seats we went with Corbeau's 2-inch Retractable Harness Belts. "This unique harness belt raised the bar as it pertains to user friendliness," said Smith. "We know how uncomfortable and annoying it can be to use harness belts in your daily driver. Once you are strapped in there is little-to-no moving around. With that in mind, we designed the Retractable Harness Belt.
"This harness belt features an inertia reel, which allows your harness belt to function like your stock belt. That means you can move around, but it will lock under sudden movement or jolt. It also features an on-off switch, which allows you to turn the retracting option off, so your belt will function as a full-time harness.
"In addition, the Retractable Harness Belt has the double release feature, which allows you to disconnect the front shoulder straps from the rear tail strap. This allows easy access to the rear seat. They also have the rare ability to be bolted to all your factory-provided mounting points. What that means is all our hardware was manufactured to bolt right up to your factory bolt holes. In most cases no drilling or modifications are necessary," Nate added.
It took us less than a full day to complete the install and it is a job anyone can do in your driveway or home garage. It's pretty cool when you can spend a day working on your car and you end up improving both looks and performance. Next we'll be tapping into NPD's extensive catalog and we'll get the rest of the interior finished. So check back for as we get one step closer to the finally of our BTTS Camaro.
1. As a rule of thumb, the LG1 will fit up to a 38-inch waist, while the LG1 Wide will fit up to a 42-inch waist. High wear patches are strategically placed to protect your seat from abuse in the high wear areas. The LG1 racing seat is available in cloth, with leatherette high wear patches, microsuede, with leather high wear patches, and 100-percent black leather. We ordered them is soft, sumptuous leather.

1. As a rule of thumb, the LG1 will fit up to a 38-inch waist, while the LG1 Wide will fit up to a 42-inch waist. High wear patches are strategically placed to protect your seat from abuse in the high wear areas. The LG1 racing seat is available in cloth, with leatherette high wear patches, microsuede, with leather high wear patches, and 100-percent black leather. We ordered them is soft, sumptuous leather.

2. We considered recovering the stock high-back buckets, but ultimately wanted an updated look with the ability to recline, and have improved comfort and side bolstering. For that we turned to Corbeau, which offers a wide variety of seats and accessories.

2. We considered recovering the stock high-back buckets, but ultimately wanted an updated look with the ability to recline, and have improved comfort and side bolstering. For that we turned to Corbeau, which offers a wide variety of seats and accessories.

3a. Installing the seats was a breeze, we simply attached the new Corbeau Camaro-specific seat brackets to the seats using the four supplied bolts.

3a. Installing the seats was a breeze, we simply attached the new Corbeau Camaro-specific seat brackets to the seats using the four supplied bolts.

3b. Installing the seats was a breeze, we simply attached the new Corbeau Camaro-specific seat brackets to the seats using the four supplied bolts.

3b. Installing the seats was a breeze, we simply attached the new Corbeau Camaro-specific seat brackets to the seats using the four supplied bolts.

4. Corbeau's Retractable Harness belts are available in a three-point, bolt-in style only. Each harness belt is manufactured with pressure-reducing waist pads to provide extra comfort. The shoulder harness portion of the belts can also be locked for on track use.

4. Corbeau's Retractable Harness belts are available in a three-point, bolt-in style only. Each harness belt is manufactured with pressure-reducing waist pads to provide extra comfort. The shoulder harness portion of the belts can also be locked for on track use.

5. This is the retractor that can be mounted in a multitude of positions.

6. We removed the rocker sill plates to maneuver the rug for bolting in the belts.

7a. Then we popped the LG1 leather chairs into the Camaro and bolted them into place.

7b. Then we popped the LG1 leather chairs into the Camaro and bolted them into place.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:47 PM

Gotta be honest, i friggin love anything with the subaru name, especially a wrx, but they start at 6k here for beaters. My car done with paint interior suspension an a a topswapped 3.8 ill be looking at 3k total. There is more perf than factory specs. I personally go faster than 60 on a regular basis lol
Originally Posted by The_Maniac
John has made it clear, he currently does not have a 0-60 time available, only a 1/4 time. His car is not driven during the winter and to boot, it's currently in the middle of a build at the moment. I advise you just leave this issue alone. If John gets a 0-60 to post, great, if not, no need to keep calling him out on it.
We get it, he cannot prove his 0-60 can beat a Maxima or countless other cars. I think all of us (including John) will accept that claim until proof can be provided.

You are correct, the stats don't help provide a 0-60 time. Since your discussion is about a stock Maxima vs John's modded Monte, I thought comparing the 1/4 mile time might be of interest (at least to others following this debate.

For some people, it's a simple matter that they love a specific car. Some love a Monte and have no interest in a Maxima or a WRX, so to them, it's worth making the car faster to compete with these.
Some of it is also total cost of ownership. Some cases it's a matter of a cheaper base car with expensive aftermarket mods, other cases, it's a more expensive base car with few/cheaper aftermarket mods. And of course, there are other combinations.
Under the discussion topic of why not buy a better/faster stock car, why not just go for a top of the line Vette or go for cars more exotic, like a Lamborghini, Ferrari? Cost.

You have a right to your opinion, but the way you express yourself is coming across as rude and insulting. Name calling for example (which has been edited), does not help.