Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Heated seats out and racing seats in

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Default Heated seats out and racing seats in

ok, first of all...i would want to know how much i could sell my heated seats for once i did take them out...because i could potentially make money making my car look sweeter lol...

http://tinyurl.com/4jtftaq

those are the racing seats id like to put in, idk what they are talking about with brackets...i have no idea if i could use the existing brackets that the heated seats are on...

also...is this a home installation? could i take out my heated seats and put in these and have it be safe in an accident? or would i legally have to get it professionally installed?

will this work is what i am pretty much asking, i am not a seat expert

Old 02-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow dude you got a lot of new threads going on..

those dont come with brackets, so youd have to fab up your own brackets, probably be best to have them professional installed. sure itll work.

and as far as selling your old seats, that all depends on condition and stuff...

Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM

yeah, im a thread maniac...haha

but i was thinking...do the brackets that the old seats are on stay with the seats, or do they stay on the car? and would they be universal? cuz if i could get them off the seat id use them

and these heated leather seats are in fairly good condition i would say, bearly worn...ill post some pics probably soon

Old 02-20-2011, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member

they wont be completely universal, whatever you do your probably gonna have to modify the brackets unless you get seats from a grand prix or something

Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 PM

true...but why wouldnt they be universal...i mean like on GM cars they should be...i might check it out

Old 02-20-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by darkbb
...and these heated leather seats are in fairly good condition i would say, bearly worn...ill post some pics probably soon
Well, if that's the case you could get somewhere from $150 - $200 for them... That would be just the front 2 bucket seats.

We have an auto-re cycler in town selling the ENTIRE thing. Both bucket seats, rear bench and center counsel with the switches for $500.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member

maybe universal to wbody vehicles but not universal to all seats made especially after the vehicle was made.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 PM

well..yeah thats what i meant...and actually now that mogwog says it...i really wouldnt mind selling the back seat too and going pimp with subs in the back blasting right to my ear...and some led lights back there too...i wonder if id need some support bar or something? would the car be fine without the rear seat?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

you interior leather is black right.. Id be possible interest on them if you wouldn't mind shipping them, depending on where you are located

Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 PM

like...the front bucket seats and the back...i would have to look up shipping costs on these monsters lol...but idk...i wouldnt want to sell them until i had the other racing seats in place and working how i want, and then i would be willing to give them up

full specs:

black heated leather seats
mildly worn (i can give you pictures for verification)
no tears
no burn marks
idk how to get them out of the car but i will lol
power forward and backward and up and down and back and up and everywhere

id probably be willing to give them up for $500-$600 for the backseat too
including the heated seat switches, if you would send me the plain panel

i will take pics soon and post them thanks

Quick Reply: Heated seats out and racing seats in