Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Good Aftermarket rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I beg to differ.
There's been numerous people running other 2 ohm speakers that have bad results alson its not usually the ohm rating that throws people off its the rms wattage and the stock headunit or amp doesn't have enough power for most aftermarket speakers. Hence why the stock ones are cheap and paper, they don't need to be very heavy duty to handle that little of power.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 PM

The speakers are in, $429.90 shipped from sonic electronics.com, if you can swing it you will be very happy with JL speakers. If you need to get by for a bit let me know.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by trewyn15
There's been numerous people running other 2 ohm speakers that have bad results alson its not usually the ohm rating that throws people off its the rms wattage and the stock headunit or amp doesn't have enough power for most aftermarket speakers. Hence why the stock ones are cheap and paper, they don't need to be very heavy duty to handle that little of power.
I understand completely where you're coming from...I've read a lot of the complaints also. I really do think though that a lot of it has to do with speaker selection and improper wiring. When I first installed my Infinity speakers they sounded terrible...very little volume and hardly any bass response at all. I was actually tempted to take them out and put the factory speakers back in. Instead I decided to double check my wiring. I found that 1 speaker was wired correctly but the other was wired backwards. I switched the wires around on that speaker and they literally came to life. The bass response is very clean (not muddy like the factory speakers) and volume is not a problem. The front/rear balance control on my radio has 3 clicks of adjustment when centered. I used to run it in the middle (1 click of adjustment of either side) with the factory rear speakers. With the Infinity speakers I turned it 1 click towards the rear (but the indicator still shows them as being centered) to obtain the same front/rear balance that I had with the factory rear speakers. Having the speakers wired properly made all the difference in the world as to how they sound. If I hadn't decided to double check the wiring I would be on the same bandwagon you're on telling others how crappy aftermarket speakers sound with the factory amp. All I can say is these speakers sound 1000% better then the factory speakers did.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

That could be the problem, but I've wired some correctly that still didn't sound good.

I like my Kickers powered by my f300, they're nice and loud when I need them to be :p