Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2003 Monte Carlo Crackling/Distortion with GM0S-04

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 AM

I am going to hook it up with my factory headunit at first since its plug in play. If Im not satisfied with the sound then I'll install the aftermarket hu.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:36 PM

I rest my case

Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Milhouse
I rest my case
Everything hooked up with factory head unit and it sounds amazing for just one 10" sub! Would the aftermarket headunit increase performance much? I just don't see the reason to go cutting wires without better performance. I have read that most people have to bypass their factory amps when adding new headunits because of bad quality, is that true?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lthorn14
Everything hooked up with factory head unit and it sounds amazing for just one 10" sub! Would the aftermarket headunit increase performance much? I just don't see the reason to go cutting wires without better performance. I have read that most people have to bypass their factory amps when adding new headunits because of bad quality, is that true?
It would, because right now you're introducing inefficiencies into the system due to having to have the LOC convert a high level output to a low level output and the input signal the LOC is getting is already low without the conversion. Aftermarket deck would give you a stronger signal to the amp without the conversion which will result in better SQ and better response.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:01 AM

It would, because right now you're introducing inefficiencies into the system due to having to have the LOC convert a high level output to a low level output and the input signal the LOC is getting is already low without the conversion. Aftermarket deck would give you a stronger signal to the amp without the conversion which will result in better SQ and better response.
Thanks for the help Milhouse, i'm sorry if im coming off as stubborn i'm just trying to fully understand and I am noob when it comes to car audio.

So to hookup my aftermarket hu I would just have to cut the plug off that connects to my stock hu then splice the wires? Then would I plug my RCA's into the AOEM-GM24 or just the back of my aftermarket hu?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lthorn14
Thanks for the help Milhouse, i'm sorry if im coming off as stubborn i'm just trying to fully understand and I am noob when it comes to car audio.

So to hookup my aftermarket hu I would just have to cut the plug off that connects to my stock hu then splice the wires? Then would I plug my RCA's into the AOEM-GM24 or just the back of my aftermarket hu?
No, you wouldn't cut the factory plug, that's asking for it. You'd need to buy a harness that plugs into that plug and gives you the wires you'd need to connect your factory deck to it. Costs about $50 and is worth every penny!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 AM

No, you wouldn't cut the factory plug, that's asking for it. You'd need to buy a harness that plugs into that plug and gives you the wires you'd need to connect your factory deck to it. Costs about $50 and is worth every penny!
I didnt mean cut the factory plug im not that big of a noob! I meant could i cut the plug on the AOEM-GM24 harness. I dont understand why I need a harness since i already have one. What harness would you suggest anyway? I refuse to use the gmos-04 because of bad reviews and bad personal experience.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 AM

I don't understand why you'd cut any plug??? I'm not familiar with that harness you're talking about so I can't call it.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 PM

I don't understand why you'd cut any plug??? I'm not familiar with that harness you're talking about so I can't call it.
Oh you aren't familiar with the harness, that's why you thought I was getting crappy sound quality. The harness isn't a simple LOC and is supposed to get the pure clean untouched signal right from the head unit. You should look it up "AOEM-GM24". After doing all kinds off research I've decided I won't replace my headunit until I replace everything else at the same time.