Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   2003 Monte Carlo Crackling/Distortion with GM0S-04 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/2003-monte-carlo-crackling-distortion-gm0s-04-a-29877/)

Lthorn14 07-28-2011 09:12 PM

2003 Monte Carlo Crackling/Distortion with GM0S-04

I have a 2003 monte carlo, it is not the ss. I have a factory amp with bose but no onstar. After installing an aftermarket subwoofer, amp, and headunit with the GM0S-04. My sub sounds amazing but my front speakers are crackly and distorted. Also my back speakers are having no issues. I have adjusted the potentiometer audio level every way possible but this doesn't solve my issue. My headunit is a pioneer DEH-P3800MP with a preout voltage of 2.2.

Could this be caused by a setting on my headunit?
Could this be because the GM0S-04's RCA cables had been cut off and is connected with wires instead?
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

If you need any additional information just ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

Milhouse 07-28-2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lthorn14 (Post 346576)
I have a 2003 monte carlo, it is not the ss. I have a factory amp with bose but no onstar. After installing an aftermarket subwoofer, amp, and headunit with the GM0S-04. My sub sounds amazing but my front speakers are crackly and distorted. I have adjusted the potentiometer audio level every way possible but this doesn't solve my issue. My headunit is a pioneer DEH-P3800MP with a preout voltage of 2.2.

Could this be caused by a setting on my headunit?
Could this be because the GM0S-04's RCA cables had been cut off and is connected with wires instead?
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

If you need any additional information just ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

There is no Bose option on the 00-05 Monte's, just a FYI. You do have the premium system though......

When you removed the factory head unit there were two plugs back there, are both of those plugs plugged into the gmos-04? If so, I think the problem is the amp on the deck and the factory amp both trying to power the speakers. I think if you disconnected the smaller black plug I think the issue would go away. You gotta take the factory amp out of the loop, I've done so by simply not plugging the black plug in to anything behind the deck.

I hope that helps

Lthorn14 07-29-2011 08:50 AM

Thank you for your quick response. I just tried that and the issue is the same with or without the plug.

Edit* After doing some research I think the only solution is to remove/bypass my amp. I don't know the wiring diagram and don't want to cut factory wires. Any ideas as to how to bypass without cutting factory wires?

Milhouse 07-29-2011 04:31 PM

Just out of curiosity, did you plug the factory deck back in to see if the crackling remains? If it goes away then the problem is your module. I'd give that a shot before anything else.

red04montels 07-29-2011 05:20 PM

one problem i have had is crappy quality of some of the music i downloaded, where are you getting your music from?

Milhouse 07-29-2011 07:19 PM

Yeah, that too can be a problem the better your system gets. But im not too sure thats the issue here.

Lthorn14 08-01-2011 07:04 PM

The speakers sound fine with the factory hu. The sound is bad with actual cds (not burned) and with the radio. I ordered the AOEM-GM24 because im tired of messing with this aftermarket hu. Anyone had any luck with this module? It helps add rca cables for an amp with your factory hu

Milhouse 08-02-2011 08:30 PM

Oh well, you gave up so no sense in me continuing trying to help.

Lthorn14 08-04-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Milhouse (Post 348145)
Oh well, you gave up so no sense in me continuing trying to help.

I didnt give up, I never give up! lol. I figured the gmos-04 was faulty and I got a full refund. After reading I saw only negative reviews about that module, so I decided to try the aoem-gm24. Ill let you know how it goes.

Milhouse 08-04-2011 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lthorn14 (Post 348809)
I didnt give up, I never give up! lol. I figured the gmos-04 was faulty and I got a full refund. After reading I saw only negative reviews about that module, so I decided to try the aoem-gm24. Ill let you know how it goes.

So you're still gonna run the aftermarket head unit?