6th Gen ('00-'05): Need advice on installing Speed Daddy headers - Page 4 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Headers/Intake/Exhaust
Reload this Page >

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need advice on installing Speed Daddy headers

Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need advice on installing Speed Daddy headers

Old 07-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Default ?????s

Originally Posted by HKnux5112 View Post
Ive purchased these types of headers and am currently installing them. The front exhaust manifold was easy enough to take out, along with the crossover pipe.

Main problem, which I'm sure you've heard before, is the manifold in the back. I need some advice on getting these things off. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Will sd header give me the p0171 code

Old 07-29-2018, 07:47 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04l67 View Post
Will sd header give me the p0171 code
Gave me the code, will have to have my tuning shop delete it.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by HKnux5112 View Post
Gave me the code, will have to have my tuning shop delete it.
So that's why I have the code no intake leaks or nothing

Old 08-09-2018, 09:18 AM

yup, got mine tuned from zzp took care of that. awsome job on the install. how are your fans holding up, i had 2 fail on me the in past 3 years or so.

im looking for slim fans, i read 14" is the ideal size and just mount it directly on condenser, anyone have any recommendations on slim fans, the SPAL and FLEX-A-LITE fans seem to be best on the market with high cfm ratings, just not sure if i need something that expensive---$180-400 ...thats crazy

they have slim sets on ebay/amazon under 60$ not sure which way to go...
if you no lemme no! lool

Old 08-17-2018, 10:29 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan View Post
yup, got mine tuned from zzp took care of that. awsome job on the install. how are your fans holding up, i had 2 fail on me the in past 3 years or so.

im looking for slim fans, i read 14" is the ideal size and just mount it directly on condenser, anyone have any recommendations on slim fans, the SPAL and FLEX-A-LITE fans seem to be best on the market with high cfm ratings, just not sure if i need something that expensive---$180-400 ...thats crazy

they have slim sets on ebay/amazon under 60$ not sure which way to go...
if you no lemme no! lool
Sorry for the late reply, fans are holding up nice. No touching or wearing out. I'll have to keep that in mind though, so thank you for the tip.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory