Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

another cai question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Default another cai question

http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...tegory_Code=AI

what about these cai's are they any good?does anybody own one?i see thay cost more than the k&n,that everybody says cost the most.just trying to figure out.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: another cai question

i would still stick with the k&n one...looks like it has a bigger filter..and the tube going to the throttle body on the k&n one isn't ribbed...its smooth...

but maybe i'm biased

Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Hi Jay, I agree with Mod Wiz Kidd, You get what you pay for & K&N is rated High : )
Maybe the below will help you...Good Luck [:-]

[hr]

Want to squeeze every bit of power out of your vehicle's engine? Grabbing a high-performance air intake is the quick and easy route to several benefits, including:

How it works: the basics of performance air intakesYour engine relies on a balanced mixture of fuel and air for combustion. Currently, your vehicle draws air through the original manufacturer's intake tube and air box, which is typically loaded with a disposable paper air filter. Automakers design your vehicle's intake tube to be the quietest possible unit that can fit in your engine compartment.
While reduced engine noise is of benefit to you, it comes from an intake tube with multiple turns and bends. The result is a drop in the volume of air delivered to the combustion chamber. And, because your stock intake system completely confines the air box in your engine compartment, the air is usually hot when taken in. This combination of limited and warmer air causes fuel-rich combustion mixtures that don't burn at maximum power efficiency.
Performance air intake kits solve a few of these problems in one impressive unit. First, a performance air intake replaces your stock intake tube with a wider pipe that has fewer bends. The result is a higher volume of air that flows more freely, filling your combustion chamber with more oxygen molecules for igniting fuel at balanced, efficient mixtures that maximize power.
Cold air intake kits models also relocate the air box outside the engine compartment, where cooler air can be sucked in by the air filter. The typical relocation spot for a cold air intake's air box is in the upper wheel well above the tire. Taking in cooler air for combustion means an air mixture that's denser with oxygen molecules for a better burn and ultimately more power.
Not all performance intakes are cold air intakes that move the air box and/or filter. In general, manufacturers test both types of performance intakes on a vehicle to see if there's a significant benefit to relocating the [URL=http://ww

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

3800 performance

notice the accordian style hose...thats going to be restrictive

and here's the k&n one

much bigger filter, and the smooth tube

Old 04-14-2007, 05:50 PM

The K&N is a much better design, but I have heard of clearance issues on other boards. I have a Wizaired and love it!!!

The Thrasher is better than nothing, but thats all that can be said about it do to the turbulance issues in the pipe that connects to the throttlebody.

Motorsports I've heard fits weird and lets some engine heat in, but in reality it is very minute at our HP levels.... NA cars would need to be more particular about this.

The SLP is Meh... It fits in great and looks stock - important for those bending the rules to get onto a stock race. It also does the same amount of HP increase as the Motorsports and Thrasher due to design. It also is the best option for going with the ram air, but I've discussed my feelings on that in other posts.