General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Wiz-aired CAI vs. SLP CAI

Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Wiz-aired CAI vs. SLP CAI

I've been thinking of getting a Wiz-aired kit but while surfin' around tonight I saw that the kit from SLP is quite a bit cheaper then ZZP has the Wiz-aired.

ZZP: $199 and $44 for the filter, total $243.
SLP: $190, filter included. And right now SLP has their CAI kit 10% off, that's another $19 off for a total of $171.

That's $72.... Is there a catch? Even shipping can't have a difference to make up the price. Is the Wiz-aired kit that much better or is it all a personal preference? Granted the clear cover of the Wiz-aired is kind of cool but is that the only real difference?

AwesomeSS is the only person that I recall saying that she has the SLP kit, just wondering if it was as good, better or worse then the Wiz-aired?

Here are the links to the two for those that may be interested in either.
Wiz-aired: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=247&catid=113
SLP: http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=21039

Thanks for your input!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think this may have been discussed in another thread in the engine section of the forum.

I've heard that the WizAired is worth the money. But I'm wondering the same thing as you. So far I'm leaning toward the WizAired.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM

I love my Wizaired and would not trade it for anything. That being said I have always had good luck with slp stuff.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:34 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

IDK, the SLP is only the box and the filter and uses the stock inlet tube. The Wizaired has it's own inlet tube, does it make a lot of difference, I have no idea. They both utilize the same concept, so IMO the extra money isn't worth it.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
IDK, the SLP is only the box and the filter and uses the stock inlet tube. The Wizaired has it's own inlet tube, does it make a lot of difference, I have no idea. They both utilize the same concept, so IMO the extra money isn't worth it.
Pretty much what I was thinking too. Haven't been able to find out what ZZP charges for S&H but even if it's free the SLP one is still about $50 cheaper right now. And since you own one and appear to be very happy with it my decision has been made a little easier.

I have done alot of reading here about the Wiz-aired kit and haven't seen much about the SLP, but like Todd said, I have bought a good number of things from SLP for my Z28 and have always been pleased with the products and customer service. Not that I've heard anything bad about ZZP.

Thanks to all of you for your input, and I STILL haven't ordered (Sale is good until the end of September, hold on to my $ a little longer :p) So if anyone else wants to chime in I am still interested in more input.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I think the biggest thing is that you GET one. I prefer the smooth tube system and the looks of the Wizaired. Personal opinion (and that only), I believe the Wizaired is better. $70 better????? THAT's the question

Old 09-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm going to put my vote for the wiz-aired.

It has the new tube which is a big deal. It's coated to keep intake temperature down until they hit the sensors. It's smoother which doesn't mess up the air flow at all. The wiz-aired box keeps very cool and does look nice.

Also the way the wizaired kit comes apart (as amy can back me up on this) would be a lot easier to get to the filter and PCM. The SLP has a bunch of stupid clips on it and it can get annoying.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:17 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I think thrasher looks the best in my opinion.
http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=2

Old 09-27-2009, 04:43 PM

Go Wizaired you will not be disappointed.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:52 AM

Thanks everyone for your input. You made a difficult decision a little more difficult. :p I like and dislike things about the 3 major ones discussed on this site. K&N smooth tube, but open to engine heat. Wiz-Aired insulated, but more $, SLP corrugated tube, but -$70...

My credit cards closing date just passed, SLP is now offering free shipping, but the CAI is back to normal price, however there are a few other things that SLP has that me and a co-worker wanted so placing an order with them we saved over $60 in shipping so essentually I saved another $10 off of the CAI kit sale price.

Perhaps I'll live to regret passing up the K&N or Wiz-Aired but only time will tell. Once again thanks to all that expressed your opinions they weren't taken lightly and I'll be sure to post to let you know my feelings on the SLP when it's installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiz-aired CAI vs. SLP CAI