Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): 7th Gens unite! Quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 08:29 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

So Matt if I understand right, we as 7th gen ss, with the way the intake mani is built, cannot go true dual unless we mod it out. Due to the way the headers are? What do the headers have to do with the exhaust and the piping though? This is all new and very interesting...

And I forgot guys I got offered a job at a body shop! So if I go to tech school, I'll be at a very good body job within two years! That means new paint job!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
So Matt if I understand right, we as 7th gen ss, with the way the intake mani is built, cannot go true dual unless we mod it out. Due to the way the headers are? What do the headers have to do with the exhaust and the piping though? This is all new and very interesting...

And I forgot guys I got offered a job at a body shop! So if I go to tech school, I'll be at a very good body job within two years! That means new paint job!

The exhaust headers in our cars are connected by a cross over pipe. The front header is connected to the rear bank header by this pipe so the front header shares the same exhaust path as the rear header.

For a true duel exhaust the front bank header would have to be independent of the rear bank header (Not the case currently)

it is a limited amount of room to run a second pipe from the front bank header not connecting to the rear bank header but going straight bank to the muffler