Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

06 Monte 3.5 Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by abro22
Dude, let me know how the new exhaust fits with the bracket/how it sounds. and yeah, I looked at the regular 40s before I bought the mufflers and they just didn't put out the same sound as the Deltas. (some might disagree), but just the slightly different design made them sound so much better.
I will post a vid and some pix on a thread I started. I'll send you the link after I get it set up. I would assume the original 40 series is not as loud as the delta flow. Not to mention both inlett and outlet pipes on it are offset so it required the muffler shop a bit of modification.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM

Ok heres the SLP set up on my 3.5... I hope this helps those of you out there who are looking for a nice dual set up on our 3.5s. If the audio qualitys not so great on the video i apologize, but its a very nice sounding kit that comes with everything you need!

***ONE HUGE ISSUE***
The bracket that the slp kit comes with does fit. its just like the factory bracket. HOWEVER there are already bolts in place of the holes to bolt the new bracket up. They were both extreemely tight on there, rusted and stuck. i tried taking off the first bolt but ended up snapping off the head on the bold leaving the thread behind... PAIN TO REMOVE THAT THREAD!!! I had a friend who works at STS tires help me get the remaining thread out, the whole time he was laughing and saying i snapped it because i did not torque the bolt out properly... however this joke turns and bites him in the *** when he goes to remove the second bracket bolt sure enough it snaps for him as well. BE WARNED these bolts are extreemely difficult to get out withough snapping them and they will be pre installed if you have the 2006/ 07 single exhaust system stock.

Anyways heres the video, enjoy!

‪Monte 3.5 v6 slp exhaust‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-22-2011, 08:28 AM

Looks good man, nice and clean haha. like the comment on the vid says, next time a few feet further back would make a world of difference. and tips lol

*and here's a pic of that idea I had for the tips (just the opposite of what I'm talking about. the bend going down

instead of up) it's the stock exhaust off a 3.9 impala I worked on the other day lol

Last edited by abro22; 07-23-2011 at 12:05 AM.