General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ya saw on Facebook too man feel bad for yoy

Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Who are you taking it to for work?
I know you have a body guy you highly recommend Mike (due to cost and quality). Right now, I am focused less on cost (as after my deductible, I don't have to worry about a thing). Sadly, for a variety of reasons, I really did not know a more local shop. I explained to my insurance agent my passion with this car and so on. He refered me to a shop that he thought was a little distant from my home, but told me to speak directly with the owner. Unless something changes, I'm setup to work with Danny's Custom Touch in Kirtland on rt6 near 306. The owner is on vacation, but the gentleman I spoke with who looked the car over, he answered all my concerns with acceptable answers and seems to completely understand my situation. So far, I think I'm at the right place.

Originally Posted by MonteMan92
I was at Carlisle on Saturday and I saw your car along with many other nice Montes.
Man, I was hoping by sporting a custom t-shirt with my screen name on it all MCF people would find me. Sounds like I missed one....

I went back to Carlisle on Sunday and the only 6th gen Monte was the Dale Jr edition with the skeleton in the drivers seat lol. I always enjoy going to Carlisle.
I did make it back on Sunday to the fairgrounds. Due to this incident, I got there much later then planned (I think about 12 or 12:30ish).

Good luck with your car and I hope that this doesn't deter you from participating in the next show there. I will probably be going again in the fall.
Thanks and it has not detered me. I still wanna do the 2014 GM Nats. But it may cause me to change some behaviors. Maybe find a better parking place (this was ideal due to morning shade). We'll see. But I am certainly still game to go to shows.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 06-25-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Oh no! I hope it gets fixed properly and to your standards. I was at Carlisle on Saturday and I saw your car along with many other nice Montes. It's crazy to think that could of happened. I went back to Carlisle on Sunday and the only 6th gen Monte was the Dale Jr edition with the skeleton in the drivers seat lol. I always enjoy going to Carlisle. Good luck with your car and I hope that this doesn't deter you from participating in the next show there. I will probably be going again in the fall.
i was there all day saturday and sunday until around noon.

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Thanks and it has not detered me. I still wanna do the 2014 GM Nats. But it may cause me to change some behaviors. Maybe find a better parking place (this was ideal due to morning shade). We'll see. But I am certainly still game to go to shows.
this is why i camp yes things can still happen but at least with camping everyone there cares about there car and i feel there is less of a chance

Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I was also there for quite a while sunday afternoon, as was Devin and Amanda.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That totally sucks - I hope everything works out for you

Old 06-25-2013, 10:00 PM

Bummer! Good luck, hope you have her looking pretty again.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Oh no! I hope it gets fixed properly and to your standards. I was at Carlisle on Saturday and I saw your car along with many other nice Montes. It's crazy to think that could of happened. I went back to Carlisle on Sunday and the only 6th gen Monte was the Dale Jr edition with the skeleton in the drivers seat lol. I always enjoy going to Carlisle. Good luck with your car and I hope that this doesn't deter you from participating in the next show there. I will probably be going again in the fall.
what about who's skeleton? ;D He's my driving buddy, people love him at the shows!

Any news about the car you guys seen leaving the hotel? I remember one of you said that they caught the plate number.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

No news on the plate (other then the cop followed spoke with the hotel, plate was registered to the kid's parent's house and the cop was supposed to try and make contact with the kid on Wednesday.
Sadly, I get the feeling I'll never know.

But honestly, I just want this mess behind me (and the way I am, until the Monte is fixed, it's going to bug me.).

I just called the body shop I spoke with on Monday to see how things are shaking out to get a day to bring the car to them. I'm making sure I speak with the same person I spoke to on Monday (keep things easy). He said that they had a guy just quit on them this week (no notice). Because of the back log of work, they are speculating the week of 7/8 to get the Monte in.
One of his concerns is that they don't want a car sitting around when they are not able to work on it (he explained that they get "dinged" as a result of delay in service). I did express to him that since I don't need a rental car, if they see opportunity to get my car in and begin working on it early (such as doing any dis-assembly) it's fine by me (I am more concerned about projected date of completion). Plus, once I know they start working on it, I get that much closer to feeling better again.
He said they might be able to leverage my situation, he'll contact if something along that develops.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Bad News. A s ses everywhere.... Hope they finish it in a timely fashion and it looks great..

Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
what about who's skeleton? ;D He's my driving buddy, people love him at the shows!
I loved the skeleton! It definitely got my attention when I was walking thru the show lol. That's a very nice Monte you have! All of the Monte's I saw that day were awesome. I am thinking about bringing mine to one of the shows. Although I need new wheels first lol....I still have the factory wheels for the standard SS and they are 11 years old and in horrible shape. I always have loved the wheels on the Dale Jr Monte's.

Quick Reply: What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home