General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home

SOme have already heard and seen this (either in person or via Facebook). Despite all the great fun I had at the 2013 GM Nationals in Carlisle, my pride and joy was a victim of a hit-n-run at the Hotel Carlisle. As I was packing up for check out Sunday morning, that is when I found this unfortunate situation.
- My friends found a possible suspect and the local PD is following up on the plate info my friends collected.
- The hotel lacks ANY video surveillance outside in the parking lot.
- The PD is doing very limited work on this since no one was injured and it was on private property.
- No one saw or heard anything.

Sadly, a situation where I was not at fault, I'll have to foot the deductible and some jerk got away!

I know it's just a car, there are worse things then this, but it's had me bothered and depressed (I know how my personality is, I will be bugged until it is fixed and fixed right). Plus side, the ball is rolling with a body shop and my insurance. Hopefully the shop will be ready in a couple of days to her in and make her pretty again.
Plus side, she drives 100% fine (made it safely home on the 5-6 hour trip).

Attached Thumbnails What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home-img_7347.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:48 PM

Wow that blows, hope they catch the coward who hit you. I am sure you will have it looking better than ever real soon.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

jason, as i said when i spoke to you on the phone sunday morning a am very sorry to hear about this and i hope they find the person responsible for the damage. i also hope you get it fixed fast and as painless as possible and im very glad no one was hurt and it was still drivable.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

That is terrible!! I feel for ya and I hope for a smooth rebuild.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

man, that sucks big time dude.......sorry to hear/see, I hope you can get it resolved........

Old 06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

That Suck's , Glad it still drives ok..

Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

It really sucks that you have to pay to fix someone else's screw up. Good luck getting it all fixed up

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Thanks guys. It does suck, but this is part of why we pay to have insurance (the part that bites, as mentioned, is having to foot the deductible for someone else's mess-up).

But thanks group for all your understanding. Hopefully it won't take long before I can make this a faded memory. But it will NOT stop me from having fun and showing the car!!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Daaaaaang Jason,

Im am so sorry to see some idiot ruin your Monte/ GM Nats! How irresponsible that some jerkoff just ran off and left ya hanging...Im a firm believer in what comes around goes around! When it comes to hit and runs!!! Me personally as I am sure you are...I would be totally bent outa shape! I hope your deductible isn't something outrageous! I pay the little extra for broad collision... (NO deductible) Just because you never know when something unfortunate is going to jump up and bite you... I just hope when it gets repaired... They get it right as rain the first time...(Unlike our Sierra)

If theres anything I can do to help smooth this over...Lemme know Bro!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I saw this on Facebook and it pissed me off. Like you said, it is just a car. However, we (us car guys) do put a lot of time and effort, etc. into our cars to make them what they are and to keep them in excellent condition. Majority of the general public doesn't see it the same way but a lot just don't seem to care and don't show respect toward others that do. I just know if I was in your position, and that was my car, I'd be absolutely furious.

Damage doesn't look too extensive. Hope everything works out. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply: What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home