General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
50,000 + miles
10.20%
75,000 + miles
16.33%
100,000 + miles
12.24%
150,000 + miles
8.16%
200,000 + miles
2.04%
25 K to 50 K miles
20.41%
Under 25 K miles
30.61%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

I have over_____miles on my Monte Carlo : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: I have over_____miles on my Monte Carlo : )

Hi Daddy of Madelyn,
Thanks for your informative post. I was curious if you remember
the estimated cost for all your repairs ?
Also, how would you say you drove your Monte ?
EZ - Average - Hard
Are you the first owner ?
Do you regret purchasing Madelyn, & wished you purchased another Model ?
or, are you still happy with her : ) ?
Thanks again for being an active contributing member to the MCF.
~ Peace 2 all ~
`Space

Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Space,
Since you've asked, here's a list of approximate prices:
Main computer ~$1000 (got lucky and that one was covered by warranty)
Accessory computer ~$600
Tranny rebuild $3000 (this includes a shift kit I added optionally for $600)
Brake control module- dealer charged me $100 to diagnose and wanted another $1100 to install a new one. I told them where they could shove that and wasn't going to replace it (I've driven vehicles without traction control or ABS before, no big). Then I remembered a buddy of mine has a brother who works for a dealer and could get me parts at their cost. I paid $600 for the BCM and installed it in about 15 minutes myself. I'm more than a little torqued that my local dealer was going to charge me $500 for a repair that a novice like myself could do in 15 minutes; won't ever buy from them.
Front rotors were about $50 to get machined (for both) and about $200 to replace (both, with labor and tax).
Intake gasket was ~$500 if I remember right. I suspected maybe I was getting hosed there, but since I don't know cars, I paid it.
I've probably got another $1000 - $2000 in it for tires, brakes, belts, etc, but those are routine costs you expect and budget for.

I am the first owner (had 81 actual miles when I drove it off the lot) and have generally been happy with her. I drive her hard most of the time (evidenced by rotors, brakes x2, third set of tires) and she's seen a lot of miles. She's never been garaged, but I have maintained her as well as I know how.

I do not now, nor have I ever, regretted buying this car. At the time, there was nothing on the market with comparable power/options in the same price range that looked anywhere near as gorgeous as my baby. I still love the long, flowing lines and there's still very little on the market (and nothing below $40k) that looks as good to me. She's still a lot of fun to drive and is excellent as an over-the-road cruiser. Since the CAI/U-bend delete, pickup is better and gas mileage now competes with the crappy little econo-boxes. Since the Turanza LS/H tires, the ride is as smooth as a Lincoln Town car (rented one accidentally recently) and handling is still very responsive. So, no, I don't regret buying her.

As for whether my next car will be a GM product (my last three new vehicles were Chevys), that's an open question at this point. We'll see how the next 10-15,000 miles go and what's on the market when the time comes.

I hope you all have as much fun with your MCs as I have with Maddy.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Maddy's Daddy for your post, your time, your
Monte Carlo History Report A+ : )
I appreciate it, as I'm sure that other member will also : )
It's what I was hoping for when I posted the topic.
Thanks again, `Space
* Members, please post your Monte's History

Old 08-11-2007, 11:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

.............. that looked anywhere near as gorgeous as my baby. I still love the long, flowing lines and there's still very little on the market (and nothing below $40k) that looks as good to me.

When I see other 2000 - 2007 Montes traveling down the road I think of how nice the body (andcontoured lines) look.

It always takes me a couple of seconds to remember I have one at home in my barn.

My girlfriend & I always look for other Montes, no matter what the yearwhen ever we travel some place. Even if it's just across town.