General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

- Chevrolet ? The FUTURE ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Chevrolet ? The FUTURE ?

[align=center][size=5]What's Next for Chevrolet?

Future products will expand, enhance line-up
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Camaro coupe will debut in January 2009.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS
Malibu restyled, re-engineered

Camaro debuts (or 2010)
Higher-horsepower Corvette model debuts
HHR freshened
Mid-sized crossover debuts
Colorado freshened

Aveo redesigned
Equinox restyled, re-engineered
Avalanche freshening likely
Silverado freshening likely

Microcar likely
Cobalt redesign likely
Malibu redesigned (or 2012)
Impala redesigned
HHR redesigned

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Unlike Pontiac, Buick or even Cadillac, Chevrolet is not a brand that needs to be reinvented. GM just wants to make it a little better.

Future tweaks will include a rear-wheel-drive Impala, a microcar, a Camaro and a crossover.

Microcar: GM introduced three microcar concepts at the New York auto show in April. The three- and five-door concepts are smaller than the 2007 Mini Cooper and 11.7 inches shorter than the smallest car Chevrolet sells today, the Aveo. The concepts were designed by GM's studio in South Korea.

Officially, GM says it has not decided whether to sell such a small car in the United States. But industry observers expect the company to import a microcar in 2010 for the 2011 model year.

Aveo: GM will redesign the Aveo for the 2010 model year. GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. will develop the new Aveo in South Korea with assistance from the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center in Shanghai. The redesigned Aveo will be longer and wider than the current model, which is based on the Daewoo Kalso.

Cobalt: GM is trying to negotiate UAW work rule changes at its Lords-town, Ohio, assembly plant. Until that is resolved, GM says, development is on hold for the redesigned 2011 Cobalt and the redesigned 2010 Saturn Astra. Both vehicles are slated for assembly at Lordstown.

If the UAW and GM reach an agreement, the Cobalt and Astra will share GM's new front-drive Delta 2 vehicle architecture. If no settlement is reached, GM may modify the current Cobalt or replace it with a different model.

Malibu, Malibu Maxx: The restyled, re-engineered 2008 Malibu sedan goes on sale late this year. It is larger than the 2007, and its exterior and interior styling gives it a premium appearance. A hybrid powertrain will be optional. The Malibu Maxx no longer will be offered.

The Malibu will be bigger when the redesigned model debuts for the 2011 or 2012 model year.

Volt: The Volt concept, which debuted in January at the Detroit auto show, is more than a means to showcase future technology - in this case, plug-in hybrid technology. The concept reveals styling cues for the redesigned Malibu, debuting in the 2011 or 2012 model year, and the redesigned 2011 Cobalt.

Impala: Despite concerns about a dramatic increase in corporate average fuel economy standards, GM's plans remain in place for a rear-drive successor to the Impala. The Impala name might be dropped. The redesigned car is expected to debut for the 2011 model year and will be built on GM's rwd global vehicle architecture, which will be shared with the upcoming Camaro. Both cars will be built at GM's Oshawa, Ontario, assembly plant.

Compared with the 2007 fwd Impala, the redesigned model will be a few inches longer, will have a longer wheelbase and shorter front and rear overhangs, and probably will be heavier.

GM has not decided whether to maintain the car as a mass-market sedan or move it upmarket,

Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: What's Next for Chevrolet ?

Well I gues I'll just have to keep waiting for the re-release of the '57 Chevy from GM & Chevy??

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Above for Member RJ : )

Nice Vette. ($99k? wow)

Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

Well I gues I'll just have to keep waiting for the re-release of the '57 Chevy from GM & Chevy??

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Above for Member RJ : )

Nice Vette. ($99k? wow)

I don't see why not RJ, Chrysler put out their version of the 'shoe box' with the 300 and they are extremely successful.

My daughter calls those 'drug dealer' cars.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well the vice president of GM said the Monte would return sometime around 2010 on the new Zeta plat form (RWD, V8). i'd like to see that... hopefully retro'd like the rest of the cars on the market. (BTW, this is my 100th post)

Old 08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

GPD,

My girlfriend hates the Magnums. She says they look like caskets.
She does love the Daytonas. And I know she likes the 300C my parents have.

(BTW, this is my 100th post)

Congratulations.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:14 AM

If they're making a RWD Monte in 2010.......... I'm getting one.