General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 AM

WTF!!! I wish I loved in PA at the moment. that first and last one look excellent. I would love to have a black SS!! I didnt even think about Ebay ill check on there right now
Im currently away at school right now in Macomb,IL which is about 4 hours away from Chicago and only an hour and a half from Iowa so ive been searching all the Craigslist within about a 250 mile radius

Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I found my Camaro on eBay, no reserve, and won it for $3200

Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM

That's crazy what do you think is too many miles cuase the ones im seeing got around 140,000

Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 AM

15 Year Member

Depends on your ability to fix the cars. You know the common problems, you should know what to look for.

Obviously a high mileage car might start to have Transmission, Cat, Plugs, Sensors, Fuel Filter, MAF, etc. problems.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I found my Monte on eBay, but cut the deal in person. My Monte was for sale 4 hours from my home, but the seller volunteered to meet half way.

Just do some homework before comitting. BTW - Not sure if there is value in this, but if you paid big money on your Monte, I know in my state the seller has to state the mileage of the car when transfering the title. If the seller falsified that number, you might have a lawsuit.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
Yeah Im kind of going against the loan now. I had worked out things to were if I was to get the loan my mother will add me to her insurance but now she is completely against me getting the loan and says if I choose to do it then she will not add me to her insurance therefore I would pay at least a 200 and 100 insurance and that just something I can do but really cant afford. Im REFUSING to settle for a 6th generation LS and a monte is the only car I REALLY want my girlfriend loves Mustangs and she showed me these two on her cpu
PLEASE DONT KILL ME OR BASH HER!!!!
Ford Mustang Super Low Miles
2000 Ford Mustang
But honestly I dont know much about Ford and much about Mustangs either except half the drivers are douches
As an LS owner, I can tell you, do NOT settle for an LS. I love my car, but the lack of power is sickening. I wish I would have bought an SS even if it had higher miles than my LS.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I found my Monte on eBay, but cut the deal in person. My Monte was for sale 4 hours from my home, but the seller volunteered to meet half way.

Just do some homework before comitting. BTW - Not sure if there is value in this, but if you paid big money on your Monte, I know in my state the seller has to state the mileage of the car when transfering the title. If the seller falsified that number, you might have a lawsuit.
I agree. I would persue legal action.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Like I was telling you about a week ago, I'm in college right now too. Over the summer I bought my '06 LT for $7600. I was able to talk the guy down from $8500 because it had 108k miles on it. I absolutely love the car so far. The only things I've had to change were the thermostat/ coolant sensor, nothing major. I got a loan through my credit union and pay just under 150/month which is ok because I work through college.

You should get that 07 LT, we could be two guys in college with blue 7th gen's

Old 03-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by wiseheak
Like I was telling you about a week ago, I'm in college right now too. Over the summer I bought my '06 LT for $7600. I was able to talk the guy down from $8500 because it had 108k miles on it. I absolutely love the car so far. The only things I've had to change were the thermostat/ coolant sensor, nothing major. I got a loan through my credit union and pay just under 150/month which is ok because I work through college.

You should get that 07 LT, we could be two guys in college with blue 7th gen's
just cant afford the note and the insurance I wish I could but I cant im going to just continue to looks for a great 6th gen hopefully I can find something

Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 PM

15 Year Member

Figure out the logistics, you can buy local to me and I'll pick you up from the airport LOL

Quick Reply: I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??