General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 PM

Random ? so since the cluster was replaced wouldnt the title have said not actual mileage or exempt or something?

Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Figure out the logistics, you can buy local to me and I'll pick you up from the airport LOL
Man man I wish because this one looks excellent!! He doesn't say the miles but man does it look good
2002 chevy monte carlo ss

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Random ? so since the cluster was replaced wouldnt the title have said not actual mileage or exempt or something?
The title didn't say anything about the mileage and didnt state it

Old 03-03-2012, 05:29 PM

Thats weird in Iowa well all of my titles anyway have had the mileage printed on them. If it is over ten years old you can choose to have it listed as mile exempt. Say if you have the cluster changed or if the odometer has been tampered with it can also read not actual miles etc or if the odometer. If its actual miles it will read something like 100,400 Actual miles. When I had my Camaro it had like 70,450 or some actual miles but I changed the gauges since my cluster was busted and the cluster read 56,000 so I was forced to list it as not actual mileage when I sold it because the last reported mileage was 70,450

Old 03-04-2012, 11:29 AM

Yeah its an illinois title and didnt state the mileage im guessing its for the reason you just said the cluster was replaced ive been looking without much luck maybe my expectations are too high Im scared to by a SS with about 140,000 and thats exactly what im finding

Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 AM

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2884909488.html

Looking into possible getting it guy says he took care of it only thing that scares me is the miles and the fact that its 5 1/2 hours from me! We were talking and i told him if the carfax and everything checks out without the speakers and radio because I already have my own from my last Monte I could possibly give him 4,000 he said he will think about it so now we wait. BTW if talked to a few other monte sellers and when I tell them I would like to run a carfax report on it they say they will text it right away and never do and dont return phone calls IM GUESSING THEY KNOW SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO SHOW UP

Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM

My opinion on that is maybe they are scared of seeing the carfax themselves. Either that or they do not wanna pay for it flatout. I clicked on the link and it said it was flagged for removal. I like to buy with lower miles but the highest mileage I've had on a car was 160k and it ran just ffine (on my 97 Grand Am GT). I would say as long as the car is taken care of and there is little to no car cancer and the engine and trans run out good there shouldnt be much of a worry.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2884909488.html

Looking into possible getting it guy says he took care of it only thing that scares me is the miles and the fact that its 5 1/2 hours from me! We were talking and i told him if the carfax and everything checks out without the speakers and radio because I already have my own from my last Monte I could possibly give him 4,000 he said he will think about it so now we wait. BTW if talked to a few other monte sellers and when I tell them I would like to run a carfax report on it they say they will text it right away and never do and dont return phone calls IM GUESSING THEY KNOW SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO SHOW UP
that car is like 30 min from me

Old 03-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
did you get anything from the link? I got a flagged for removal.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
I wish it was that close to me I got the Vin and everything but now im wondering do I really wanna drive 6 hours before I pay this money for the report

Old 03-05-2012, 12:59 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks that you can't get a car loan. My 05 SS has average miles for it's age (60k of them were all highway miles and the rest were country roads) and it gets great gas mileage - only down side is you have to put premium in it. And I'm only around 30-40 miles from Chicago (depending on what part of town you are from).

Quick Reply: I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??