General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Question I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??

Now that things are finally settled with my previous Monte Carlo I can move forward and get another one but before I talk about that ill talk about my previous Monte

Geico decided to my car would be a total lost and I was pretty upset because I loved my previous one. While they were doing an appraisal of the vehicle to see how much they were going to gve me the ran a Vehicle History Report and what they found out is that in January 2011 my car was reported in an accident and was report to have over 193,000 miles on it!! I bought this car last August with no knowledge of the accident and thinking the mileage of the car was just over 71,000!!! Basically what happened is the previous owner changed the whole cluster of the vehicle out and put in a new pcm from a different Monte so this explains why I had to put replace a solenoid in the tranny, fix fourth gear, and put a new mass air flow sensor and idle control sensor all within only having the car for 6 months!!

When geico informed me of this I was in disbelief I didnt know that it was possible to change the miles on a digital odometer. I thought maybe Geico was trying to screw me but when I got a copy of the report and bought my own Carfax report everything they said happened to be true! I was furious and long story short instead of them giving me $6000 for my vehicle they gave me $4300. NOW LIES THE DECISION! AND I WOULD LOVE TO GET YOU ALL OPINION

Im worrying that I might not be able to find another SS Monte for that price and if I do I might go through the same things with my last Monte with the one I would buy for that price. My parents made a point everybody selling a car for a reason whether there tired of putting money into it, somethings is wrong with it, or you have the 10% that actually need the money or want something different but then if they want something different why wont they just trade it in??

Ive been looking at some 7th generation Montes on Cars.com I was looking at the SS models but I thought about with the price im going to pay at the pump feeling it up and they price they want 13,000-15,000 for one with decent miles I just cant afford it. But what I can afford is a little under $10,000 and thats where I found this Certified Chevy Pre-owned vehicle an 2007 LT it doesnt have leather but it does have a sunroof and its blue like my last Monte

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT, $9,995 - Cars.com

I feel as if I go the route of getting a car note thats a huge commitment granted my payments will only be about $200 a month possibly but im a college student and I work at Walmart I want a car I can be happy with and know for a fact it will be a great buy and I wont end up getting screwed like my last MC so I ask the question!

SHOULD I TAKE OUT A LOAN AND TRY TO FIND A 7TH GENERATION MONTE FOR UNDER $10,000 OR SHOULD I TRY TO FIND A 6TH GENERATION SS FOR THE MONEY I HAVE???WHAT SHOULD I PAY FOR A 7TH GENERATION MC WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS ABOUT THEM??? DO YOU THINK I CAN FIND A GOOD 6TH GENERATION FOR $4500???

Old 03-01-2012, 01:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do you have a time restraint on the search, and how much can you add to your $4500 within that time restraint?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Im somewhat pressed for time my girlfriend's cavalier starts sometimes and sometimes it doesn't she doesnt want to spend any major money to get it fixed because she is getting a new car in December as a college graduation present. I would like to have a car ASAP but if I was able to wait around August around my birthday I could probably save another $2000 maybe I got a spring break trip in a couple weeks and some summer classes I gotta pay for

Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well just remember, the older the car, the harder it is to get financed for it.

If you can afford a certified used with a warranty, it might be your best bet though.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

If u know u can afford so much a month on a car payment & will have no issues, get a loan nothing wrong with having one & u got a nice down payment so u should be good

Old 03-01-2012, 02:08 PM

I'll sell you mine. $7,300 Firm But it needs an ABS Sensor I believe. ONLY Thing wrong with it.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:37 PM

If 4300 was the first offer I'd decline it and not cash the check. Ask for more. Geico likes to low ball people.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by bearbear3_4
If 4300 was the first offer I'd decline it and not cash the check. Ask for more. Geico likes to low ball people.
THAT^^^ actually all insurance compaines do that

Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
THAT^^^ actually all insurance compaines do that
Agreed.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by bearbear3_4
Believe me we haggled and I faxed over all my paperwork showing all the work I put into it and everything ive ever done to it they kept saying thats what KBB is saying its worth since it actually has over 200,000 miles what do you all think about the 7th gen LTs??? what do you all think about the engine and the car overall?

Quick Reply: I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??