General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
I was looking at Amy's silver and its a beautiful car!! I happened to come across this 2006 SS for only 8,000 its all the way in Milwaukee which is a long way for me but something like this would be worth the drive!! Ive contacted the dealer and we have talked about it. It has a clean carfax report and was a trade in. I put up links to the ad on Cars.com and a link with some of the things he e-mailed to me

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, $8,000 - Cars.com
Milwaukee, WI used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS - Braeger Chevrolet, Milwaukee, WI, Coupe, 5.3L V8
That's a good deal.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 PM

me personaly would save and pay cash that way you save on insurance rates that are a total joke or ifyou pay cash you can pay full coverage and not have the payment and also get the car fax before you buy

Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM

That's one HELL of a deal. SS''s here are about 14-16K. If that deal was anywhere close to me I would trade in mine for the SS in a heartbeat. Go For it.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

@StrongTakeOver - I have not read the entire thread, but the main part of post #1. Sorry to hear about your situation (especially the mileage issue). Some people think I waste money on CarFax, but I use it as a tool (I have to trust my own senses, but CarFax MIGHT give me a peak into something additional, but CarFax is not 100%). With my Monte, I learned that it was in an accident before I went to look at it.

As for people selling cars, there are too many reasons to list:
- Want a car always under the factory warranty
- Was a 3 year lease
- May not know a lot about car repair and feel they are no longer going to chase good money after bad.
- May have gotten a hold of something better (deal too good to pass up) and no longer need the old car (my wife and I had that happen, and we sold an old car for a good price).

If it helps, I bought my 2004 Monte SS in 2008 for $9500 cash. That was a HECK of a deal compared to what I had looked at. If you are not pressed for time and have a realistic car goal in mind (price, year, miles) it's out there.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since you have a good down payment I would finance the rest. That looks like a nice car tho.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 PM

It does look like a nice car, the warrenties are a nice touch too. Just a fair bit of warning though I'd be weary when buying a new car man. Almost everybody tried to sell me a lemon car (including those i found over the internet). Even the dealerships! All I'm trying to say is don't fall in love with the car until you fall in love with the quality.

Last edited by sixscarlo; 03-01-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Yeah Im kind of going against the loan now. I had worked out things to were if I was to get the loan my mother will add me to her insurance but now she is completely against me getting the loan and says if I choose to do it then she will not add me to her insurance therefore I would pay at least a 200 and 100 insurance and that just something I can do but really cant afford. Im REFUSING to settle for a 6th generation LS and a monte is the only car I REALLY want my girlfriend loves Mustangs and she showed me these two on her cpu
PLEASE DONT KILL ME OR BASH HER!!!!
Ford Mustang Super Low Miles
2000 Ford Mustang
But honestly I dont know much about Ford and much about Mustangs either except half the drivers are douches

Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's what you need to know about Mustangs.

Their 3.8L V6 is TERRIBLE. It's a pig of an engine and it is slower than the 3.4L in the Monte LS

The 4.6L V8 that they run are also pretty bad unless they are in a Cobra. The 2v variant of the v8 which is in the GT isn't that fast either. They sound good, but that's about it.

IMO, working on both of these engines is a huge PITA. They cramp everything under that hood, and I wouldn't ever want to even try to change the plugs in a 4.6L.

Also, they are fords, so.... you know. Prepare for some repairs

Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Here's what you need to know about Mustangs.

Their 3.8L V6 is TERRIBLE. It's a pig of an engine and it is slower than the 3.4L in the Monte LS

The 4.6L V8 that they run are also pretty bad unless they are in a Cobra. The 2v variant of the v8 which is in the GT isn't that fast either. They sound good, but that's about it.

IMO, working on both of these engines is a huge PITA. They cramp everything under that hood, and I wouldn't ever want to even try to change the plugs in a 4.6L.

Also, they are fords, so.... you know. Prepare for some repairs
LMAO I showed this to my girlfriend and immediately said "oh that doesn't sound good"

im stuck between a rock and a hard place Chibi nothing would make me happier then another SS monte but do you think I can find one with the money I have because im not having any luck... the ones im finding have crazy miles on them and dont look well taken care of the nice ones with decent miles and everything the owners want 6000

Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

IDK where you live :p

Keep looking for what you want. You'll find it. Get on eBay if you have to. Just always make sure you try to make a way to see the car in person before you buy it.

$4500 should be PLENTY to buy another SS, if that is what you truly want. Here's a few near me in that range:

2002 chevy monte carlo ss

2002 chevy monte carlo ss

01 Monte Carlo SS (fs/ft 4 fox mustang) (although I don't like the mods...)

2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

2002 MONTE CARLO SS

!!!2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo HI-Sport SS - Black!!! (L67 for $5k??? wow.)

Quick Reply: I GOT SCREWED!! Looking for another MC should I get a car note??