General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

"ethical" Monte Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
i don't think the 6th and 7th gen going to be worth that much as the 4th gen and on down. those are the real muscle car that most collectors want.
About two weeks ago I happened to catch the beginning of that FunkMaster Flex show that's part of Spike TVs PowerBlock on saturday and sundays. Funk was doing a '70 Chevelle they made a point to let the viewer know was a "REAL" Super Sport and to drive the point home they flashed a photo of an '83-86 SS Monte on the TV screen and ran a loud shreak overtop of the image. To let the viewer know this car was NOT a true SS car.

Sorry to say but "YES THE SS MONTE IS A TRUE Super Sport CAR."

It may not have the power a big block '70 Chevelle does but you have to remember the time the SS Monte was a new car and the things going on in the country as well as the world. At this time gasoline was not $0.40/gal like in the early 1970s. And government restrictions were greater on the US auto market versus the early 1970 auto market.

To give the TV viewer the impression the SS Monte was not a true muscle car was misleading to say the least.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Personally, I love driving mine. .If I wanted to sit and stare at it never moving,. that's what the scale model is for. Or pictures. I plan on keeping mine looking as good as possible. Already started ordering replacement decals if/when the originals deteriorate and need to be replaced years from now..
You guys can stop picking on me at any time. I get the same from my parents.

It's my choice if I want to let my '06 LTZ Monte set inside under a car cover the majority of the time.

Most things labelled "collector's edition" by the manufacturer will never be a collector's item. Most of them are overproduced, or people horde them away and the numbers never dwindle enough to be a collector's item. A good example is sports cards.
Or the '55, 56, 57 Chevies. Chevy just wanted to turn a buck those three years. They could have cared less about the cars becoming collectors items even in to the 1980s. They told Classic Chevy to take a hike more then once when CCI contacted Chevy about Chevy being included in a celebration for the cars. This finally changed in the 1990s.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

RJ, that wasn't aimed at you or anyone else specifically. That is my personal view of my car(s). If others want to keep their cars stored away, that's fine.