General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Beware mc owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rgant_19
@ Taz: the MC's will never die and the more and more they make em', the more valuable that become....

@ Blazed SS: Now that is a great idea. I was told about the detachable double din headunits but didn't know the price on em'. Thats something too look into. THanks for the insight!
you bet after some talking I got mine for $1,050.00

Old 07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rgant_19
@ 7498montecarlo: Did you ever recover it?

@ pacerss: I say why not shave the door handles and put sheet metal on the door. Still have the handle but have it where the handle can not be pried into with a screw driver or something...
No i never recovered it. sadly! its a big lesson learned though... dont deck out your car really nice if you do not have the proper security to protect it all! but with the door issue, im thinking about taking the door panel off and seeing if somehow there is a way to weld on a steel plate of some sort to block thieves from gaining access to the rod in there, which ultimately unlocks door and bypasses alarm going off. its going to be tricky though because natually i cannot weld to the door itself, thats just dumb. hopefully i can just weld onto the inner door skeleton. another issue is the trunk release.. im truly not a fan on how a key does not even have to be in the ignition to allow button to work. any ideas? im thinking to just take the wire and tap into one of the other many many components that only receive power when the car is on... therefor no power = no trunk pop, right? Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!! we have to protect our monte's and our belongings because there are low-life SCUMBAGS that cannot go out and earn things themselves, instead they just steal.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 PM

That really sucks, I know how it feels. Somebody broke into my firebird a few years back while I was at work working 3rd shift overnight. Smashed my driver side window and stole my head unit. Joke was kind of on them though because it had a flip down face so they couldn't see that it was only a cassette deck. Luckily they didn't take my 10 disc changer, subs, or amp out of the trunk.