General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Beware mc owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, that's a scary thought how easily they did that....sorry that had to happen to you

Lisa

Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 PM

damn people suck!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That totally sucks! Why can't people stop doing stupid things!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 AM

Cars are the easiest thing to break into.
No fence.
Cars are the easiest thing to steal.
Comes already ON wheels.
The only thing a lock really keeps-out, ... is an honest man.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:10 AM

Let those who have never stolen, made the first post

The Most Common Things People Steal What People Steal ? Why ?

Posted by rutgerskevin

Do you consider yourself to be an honest person that would never steal? I am sure that most of us would like to believe that this is indeed the case. We look at those who steal as evil criminals that need to be punished. However, although we all know that stealing a car is wrong, or breaking into it to steal their audio system & more, we tend to justify taking smaller items and do not consider it to be stealing. In fact, sometimes avoiding paying for small things is actually celebrated as being frugal. Indeed, during these tough economic times, the line between being extremely frugal and stealing is slowly being erased.
Below, I have identified six common scenarios in which normal, everyday, taxpaying citizens often resort to a debatable form of stealing. Now before I go any further, I would like to say that this is not any kind of morality post–I am not here to judge anyone and I would be the first to admit that I have committed more than one of the following “offenses”. Instead, I thought it would be fun to laugh at how some of us (including me) have allowed ourselves to justify doing something that we would normally consider to be wrong. I have included some actual quotes that I received from my co-workers, friends, and family when I discussed this topic with them.
Taking an extra newspaper from a vending machine.
Common reasons this is done: 1. You need an extra set of coupons. 2. A family member or you are featured in the newspaper. 3. You plan to sell the extra copies (I picture the scene from the movie With Honors in which Joe Pesci’s homeless character takes the entire pile of newspapers and sells them by shouting fake headlines).
Justifications: “Just too easy not too” “The newspaper companies make loads of profit.” “This is payback for all the times I have been ripped off by those snack machines in which the candy bar or chips gets stuck and it never falls.”
Reality of Situation: You are not hurting the newspaper companies (they are in enough trouble without you stealing their product). Instead, you are just stealing from the poor machine vendor.
Helping yourself to a towel or two from a hotel.
Common reasons this is done: Guests get lost in a “feeding frenzy” of taking all the shampoo, soap, tissues, pens, hand lotion, extra rolls of toilet paper, and shower caps they can get and get a little carried away. Also, if the towel has the name of the hotel on it, the towel becomes an instant souvenir.
Justifications: “The price of the room is jacked up assuming I will take a towel.” and “They will eventually throw the towels away once they are used too many times.:
Reality of Situation: It is okay to take the shampoo and other toiletries. Taking towels, bathrobes, linens, light bulbs, and batteries from remote is just pure stealing.
Getting those last gulps/sips of your favorite soft drink or coffee at the convenience store before you put on the lid and pay for it.
Common reasons this is done: You are extremely thirsty/tired and want to get your money’s worth.
Justifications: “I am paying $1.89 for a 20 oz cup when I can often get a 12-pack of cans for about the same price, so I am going to take a couple of liberties.
Reality of Situation: Fountain Soda (and coffee is not that far behind) is often the most profitable item on a restaurant’s menu–even with free refills. On this topic, I say that it is not really stealing unless you sit there and refill several times.
Taking a handful (or more) of Splenda, ketchup packets, napkins, and salt packets whenever and where ever they are available.
Common reasons this is done: Why pay for something that you can get for free? “I always take extra napkins just in case I spill something”
Justifications: “The availability of these items are included in the markup of the price of the food/drink.” “If they really cared how much you take, they would not leave them unattended”
Reality of Situation: Guess how these restaurants/stores justify marking up their prices? I guess I would draw the line with the rule of 5 (which I just made up). Taking more than 5 more of an item than you intend to use with the product you bought is where in my mind being a little frugal become being a little criminal.
Making it a “Double Feature” by sneaking into a second movie.
Common reasons this is done: You notice as you are leaving the movie theater that another movie that you really want to see is just about to start and you have nothing better to do on a rainy Saturday.
Justifications: I just spend $8 on a soda and another $6 for a popcorn, I need to get my money’s worth!” “The theater is half empty anyway, it’s not like they are losing money by me taking up some space.”
Reality of Situation: Does the director, producer, or boom mic operator care if you paid to see a competitor’s movie and now want to see the movie that they worked on for weeks for free? Nope. For the record, I believe that sneaking beverages/snacks into movies is not wrong, even when theaters have posted signs prohibiting this practice.
Taking home copy paper (and other office supplies) from work for non-work use.
Common reasons this is done: 1. Children need school supplies. 2. You ran out of paper for your personal computer
Justifications: 1. Employee disgruntled with their job 2. Office supplies viewed as a fringe benefit 3. The company wastes so much paper anyway with their pointless cover sheets for the TPS reports, they obviously don’t care about their use of paper. 4. “Since the company probably gets a big discount for ordering in bulk, its really not a big deal.”
Reality of Situation: Unless you are stealing a red stapler, it is wrong to take supplies for non-work reasons.
Three more modern day scruples to consider
1. Is it okay to recharge your cell phone every day at work, so you never waste electricity at home?
2. Would you return a dress/shoes/tie that you only had to wear once for a funeral or wedding?
3. Do you download music without paying for it?
Since they say confession is good for the soul, why not share your stories of crime?
Where do you draw the line in what you bring home from a hotel?
Are there items on my list that you do not consider stealing?
Leave me a comment an let us know! Using fake names and/or a alias is welcome and encouraged to protect the guilty

Our Former President
Richard Nixion

I am not a Crook.
I'm the President...
I pardon myself
It's Ok for me to steal, but leave my stuff alone

Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hate to say it, but with those wheels, and you can peek in and see the stereo, etc. You are kind of a moving target for theft.

If you are going to go with a lot of show, you REALLY have to have an adequate alarm system installed.

It sucks that this happened to you, but hopefully with insurance and such you will get the car back to how it was.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Oh that really sucks! Sorry to hear about this...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 AM

Wow, that really sucks. I would be so pissed. Especially if it was right by the store in broad daylight! I would have hunted that sob down and killed them!!, just for breaking in to my monte period!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

For those who know what they are doing, it's not hard at all. One time a friend locked his keys into a convertible Mustang, and we messed aruond for like 30 minutes trying to get in with a coat hanger. Well this guy next door walks over and asks if we will let him try, we did, and in 30 seconds this guy slid the hanger down the window track, opened the door, and I believe he started the car to shut the alarm off. He looked at us, said "I used to be a thief" and walked away.

You close one door, they make another one.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Oh that really sucks! Sorry to hear about this...
Ditto!

Quick Reply: Beware mc owners!!!