General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

BEWARE OF COPS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Default BEWARE OF COPS

Hello folks,

I just got wind of this site...Trust me its agazing..
For those who have never been on it, It will tell you where the big speed traps are in your area...if there are ones you know of but arent posted feel free to post it here...

Please view review then come back and let me know how close this is for your areas...You start by picking state and city...

It is great...It will tell you the time its patroled the type of patrol...<CITY STATE OR COUNTY> and how tuff they are on and what they will pull you over for...I live in canton Michigan and it was spot on...I used to live in redford Michigan and again it is spot on...

Let Us know what you think

Thanks

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: BEWARE OF COPS

ORIGINAL: MonteSS2001

Hello folks,

I just got wind of this site...Trust me its agazing..
For those who have never been on it, It will tell you where the big speed traps are in your area...if there are ones you know of but arent posted feel free to post it here...

Please view review then come back and let me know how close this is for your areas...You start by picking state and city...

It is great...It will tell you the time its patroled the type of patrol...<CITY STATE OR COUNTY> and how tuff they are on and what they will pull you over for...I live in canton Michigan and it was spot on...I used to live in redford Michigan and again it is spot on...

Let Us know what you think

Thanks

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp
Just checked the city where I worked as a cop for 25-years, and the reportis BS. The concept for the website is a good one, so I guess I'll have to post the real locations to watch out for. Keep in mind, my friend, that police officers do not establish speed limits...that's done by those who are elected to legislative positions by the people who live ina given jurisdiction. If you don't like the speed limits in a particular area, don't blame the cops - blame the voters who live there.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM

I dont have a problem with the cops voters or speed limits...I just know that this site is visited by many speed and performance enthusiasts..I thought this may prove useful to some...Thanks for checking it out..

Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 PM

Great site! Thanks!

One important factor for ANY speeding violation though, is if they nail you with POP but you slow down in enough time to not get nailed by the constant on Radar signal, they CAN write you a warning, but they CAN NOT write you a ticket. And if they do, and you know that he only popped you, and did not get an official speed, document it, and take it to court.

My friend had it happen, twice, both times, slowed down between POP and constant on.

Both times, got off scotch free

-Keegan

Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the link - they are pretty accurate for my location

Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Radar Hill in Fond du Lac county. Gotta love it!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Hey Gale,

I was just looking at a website for turbo chargers (ASP) and they show a EXTREME twin turbo kit for a 350Z that produces 854HP and 819-ft-lbs of Torque. Car weighs 3100-lbs or a 3.63:1 HP to Weight ratio. I figure this car could cruise 250 all day long. You being a cop... Do you think you could ever catch a guy in one of these cars... seriously. I mean your faster copter is 180-MPH... Radio is fast, but at 250.. this guy is moving a mile every 14-seconds. If you are at rest, he flies by you, by the time you fire up, he is a good mile ahead of you.

It's one of those shoot & giggle questions...

Old 10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Interesting web site.

I noticed someone left a some what bogus comment about an area near me.

Okay. I left a comment explaining how to drive.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

They were down for a long time, I'm glad to see that they are back.

They are very good at pointing out sites here in Cali.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

if he is going 250 mph, you take off after him and look for debris, becuase you KNOW he isn't going to live.....

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF COPS