General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Beware mc owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Beware mc owners!!!

so sad to say my car was broken into yesterday. in broad daylight in a busy parking lot, two spots away from the store. its unbelievable how easily they got in. no broken windows. they didnt even punch the lock. what they did is somehow the mc's lock is easily compromised when pryed up. its hard to explain so i attached a pic.. they made off with my tv/radio, in under 7 minutes mind you.. makes for a ****ty weekend

Attached Thumbnails Beware mc owners!!!-dscf0821.jpg   Beware mc owners!!!-dscf0823.jpg  
Old 06-20-2010, 03:14 PM

I just got the same car but a standard model, not ss that's heart breaking to hear, thanks for that warning. I plan to put a motion sensative alarm in the system, so hopfully that'll prevent such activitys from happening with out being seen..

did they get your amps?

Old 06-20-2010, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

no just the tv/dvd (and my cigs, ..bastards). the trunk was popped though. which means something must of scared them away. why cant people just earn their own **** now-a-days? but yes i say definately go with a good aftermarket alarm!! because stock is not good enough, plain and simple. another thing that bugs me is the fact that the trunk button can be pushed and pops the trunk with no keys needed!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by matt210
why cant people just earn their own **** now-a-days? !

I think no one taught them better, or that it was wrong to
take from others , but they sure have
mastered how to take.
It's very sad, and I'm sorry to read that you were a victim
4-Sure.
In today's world there seems to be more desperate people
that prefer taking, then working.
I learned it's difficult to give `up to get and have other's
take from you : (, and that it can be stressful to have
a nice ride and be concerned when it is away from view.

I hope they catch the person(s) that stole from `you
and cut their freak'in hands `off
Or make them work & pay for damage +

Last edited by Space; 06-21-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:32 PM

With most locks you just have to get to the rod and push it down to unlock the door...

Old 06-20-2010, 04:36 PM

yeah, the only thing the stock alarm does in this year of car is prevent the threft of the car it's self. whitch is very nice, but stupidly they built in a back door, that's pretty easy to break, as they're most likly all the same. for mine its a ranom number of turns of the ignition, with a certain amount of time on each turn, clever, but not fool proofe, espeicly when most idiots keep the key card that gives the info of this in there glove box, if they even know its there XD could at least put a keypad there or something, something more secure.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM

I plan to put a motion sensative alarm in the system, so hopfully that'll prevent such activitys from happening with out being seen..
I used to have one on my monte, and I hate to say it, but I couldn't stand that thing. It was constantly giving false alarms. Its a cool idea definitely, but terrible in practice.

IMO, a standard alarm with a basic shock sensor is adequate for most.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 PM

thats what i had meant, i didn't mean something with an optic sensor, i meant shock sensor as you call it.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

mann that sucks =( i'm sorry to hear that

Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by eviling
thats what i had meant, i didn't mean something with an optic sensor, i meant shock sensor as you call it.
I see, shock sensors aren't nearly as bad unless you have the sensitivity cranked way up, or mount them improperly- just for reference for others, this is the unit I had:

I've seen them called motion sensors, range sensors, and radar sensors- what a pile of junk, lol. The thing would go off at least once a day for no reason that I could see- and sometimes you could walk up and touch the car and it not go off at all; and other times, it would trigger a full alarm if you were within a foot (its supposed to have 2 zones that you permanently set the size).

Quick Reply: Beware mc owners!!!