FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Mod Guide: How to install HID Headlights for 2000-2005 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM

iam getting the headlights in 2 weeks i have the hid 1200k sky blue they look great bright and iam going to do the fogs in DEEP BLUE its going to look sexy just wait and IF u get hids anyone look around first there is alot of bad KITS OUT THERE JUST TO LET U GUYS NO

Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 AM

Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Default Bad low beams on 2003 Monte Carlo

I have a problem that sounds like you gents could clue me in on. My wife's 2003 Monte Carlo has intermittent low beams. They seem to work fine most of the time during the day, but almost always fail to work in the evenings. I just went out and checked them. When the car is started, you can pull the turn signal for the high beams they come on, pull again and the lows come on for about 2 seconds, then disappear. No lights at all. It will do this every time. Could this be a bad ambient sensor? If so, know where I should go to get one? I looked online and can't find what I am looking for under that nomenclature.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Wink

hey guys!
I'm willing to do just about ANYTHING if someone helps me with my h.I.ds...
I got the zzp wiring harness to run them from the battery post separately can I use the battery post aux located above the batt as my power supply for the harness? And the running lights run off the high beam bulb 9005 btw 9006 is the low beam incase you didn't know plse somebody help I just got my harness 2day...

Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 AM

thanks for the help cuz i was lost trying to figure out how to put my hids in.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Ok, I've gotten the DDM Tuning HID kit, and the harness (if you go this route, the harness is only $12.50.) However, this kit didn't come with any attachment tape. All the 3M automotive tape I'm coming across in my search seems to be for exterior application, not made for high temp. Can anyone point me to the correct tape for under the hood application?

Oh, and with the DDM kit, there are rubber boots around the wires that look like they go against the big rubber grommet. So I still need to silicone around it to seal it off?

edit: Answered my own question on the tape - 3M Supermount Tape from Radio Shack. It's high temp/high strength, and you get 4 1"x3" strips for $1.99.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103344

Still wondering on the silicone though.

Last edited by Danariel; 11-04-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM

alright so lemme get this straight, if i put this kit in the HIDs will be my DRL also, unless i get some sort of kit to bypass that? and the HID lights arent going to melt the plastic enclosures right? (my father is worried about that haha)

Old 01-02-2011, 02:47 AM

@Randdady
No h.I.d willnot melt plastic headlight lens. They are actually a cooler/brighter bulb than oem halogens..however if you don't want to risk local law enforcement pulling you over for having blinding light out the front of your vehicle look into getting a pair of aftermarket h.I.d headlight lens of eBay or similar web sites. Harness is an awesome feature to have & if installed correctly make your lights more reliable and last longer They will run on your wiring harness an batt instead of the cars computer. Your high beam is on a seperate bulb but you can get kit for them as well! Good luck! If you have any other questions feel the need to ask away I have lots of love for the Monte carlo forum h.I.d community lol, peace..and happy new year to all!

Old 01-02-2011, 02:50 AM

@Danariel
Hey Hun! As far as the rubber boots are concerned I usually cut them off and the grommets usually fit perfect around the lens housing no need for silicone just make sure the ballast is in there and it's a tight fit

MisterSS

Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Danariel
Ok, I've gotten the DDM Tuning HID kit, and the harness (if you go this route, the harness is only $12.50.) However, this kit didn't come with any attachment tape. All the 3M automotive tape I'm coming across in my search seems to be for exterior application, not made for high temp. Can anyone point me to the correct tape for under the hood application?

Oh, and with the DDM kit, there are rubber boots around the wires that look like they go against the big rubber grommet. So I still need to silicone around it to seal it off?

edit: Answered my own question on the tape - 3M Supermount Tape from Radio Shack. It's high temp/high strength, and you get 4 1"x3" strips for $1.99.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103344

Still wondering on the silicone though.
you could also use just the 3m double sided tape, it doesnt get too warm up by the headlights, i believe thats what most sellers use when it comes on the ballast

Quick Reply: Mod Guide: How to install HID Headlights for 2000-2005 Monte Carlo