FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Mod Guide: How to install HID Headlights for 2000-2005 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM

alright well does anyone know of any websites where you have gotten the HID lights and all that other stuff i need.. much appreciated!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:44 AM

@Randdaddy
Ebay's got h.I.d kits for cheap. Try to grab a kit with digital ballasts they are smaller andsexier. You can also find the wiring harnesses on their as well for as little as 10-15 bucks sometimes.
MisterSS

Old 01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Randdady
alright well does anyone know of any websites where you have gotten the HID lights and all that other stuff i need.. much appreciated!
ddmtuning.com

Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 PM

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

This is where I got mine. I got the 35w, in 5000k, and had them include the harness to run it to the battery. Using the how to on this forum, it was a breeze to install. Luckily the battery I have has both side posts and top posts, so we got a set of post connectors to go on the top posts, and some 3m heat resistant double sided foam core tape from Radio
Shack.

As far as the rubber boots around the wires, we cut Xs in the existing rubber piece, and fit the rubber boots around the wires tightly against the cuts. Didn't seal it with anything, but haven't noticed any condensation inside, either.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM

so does anyone know if the 2000-2005 monte carlos have one bulb with a high and low beam or are there two different bulbs? and what are the bulb types? also, and i know im asking a lot of questions, what bulb color would be a good choice? basically i just want to know what things to order for my 05 from ddmtuning

Old 01-05-2011, 01:50 PM

There are two bulbs. i think its 9005 and 9004. you get whatever color you like. most people get white, blue, or purple.

so does anyone know if the 2000-2005 monte carlos have one bulb with a high and low beam or are there two different bulbs? and what are the bulb types? also, and i know im asking a lot of questions, what bulb color would be a good choice? basically i just want to know what things to order for my 05 from ddmtuning

Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 AM

alright, well if there are two bulbs wouldnt i need two kits or something? i guess i cant see how this would all work out haha. because the kit i would get has only 1 bulb so would i only have just the brights or just the dims?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:49 AM

Ok, I'll say this agn lol. Monty's headlights run off separate bulbs all together. The 9006 is low beam kit. I got my h.I.d kit of eBay from VVME and have had NO problems whatsoever with these bulbs. I think I got the nicest looking, purest whitest light. I ordered my wiring harness as well off eBay...zzp style for I think 15$ with shipping to me it was a steal. The only thing with having separate bulbs..(9005) high beam is that you can only hook ONE kit up to the harness. I hooked my running lights up to this. I also tweaked my comp fronthe radio console so the bulbs would only turn on when I turned the key, not when I use my automatic car door opener. Thi way your hid's will last a long time and run off your battery, not the cars computer lol.

As a final note to this thread, h.I.d's are your own personal preference we are merely here for help and opinion but it's what YOU want them to look like. Just remember you need to purchase two separate bulbs if you want high and low-beam h.I.d's I would just get high beam halogens an stick with the kit on your low beams.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

alright, well if there are two bulbs wouldnt i need two kits or something? i guess i cant see how this would all work out haha. because the kit i would get has only 1 bulb so would i only have just the brights or just the dims?
just get one set in the 9006, you dont want hid high beams, they have to warm up and you go blind while driving for that period of time that they take to heat up. also the high bulbs are the DRLs, and that will ruin the hids.

i would look at ddmtuning, either kit whichever you like, in 35w, to work with stock wiring, and whatever temp you want based on color in the 9006 bulb and to install is pretty much just like changing a light just mount the ballast.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 AM

alright that cleared things up a lot haha.. ill just put an hid kit on the lows and then get some high beam halogens. sorry for being such a pain lol im a newbie on all of this for the time being ALSO it seems that ddm tuning is out of the kit everyone else has been getting from them, but the rapter hid kit should work also wouldnt it? and i doubt if i would need the error code eliminator kit, but would i need like the harness or the adaptor cables?

Last edited by Randdady; 01-07-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Mod Guide: How to install HID Headlights for 2000-2005 Monte Carlo