Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Water/Meth kit here!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tuning is a MAJOR key in these kits but like I said you dont NEED it. When you tune with these kit's thats when they come to life and really shine. Right now I might raise it 1-2 psi no tuning for now thats it. My motor and trans cant take it right now but the trans is next to come.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM

wow yall are serious.

so when you see your temp gauge go up, you press a button or is it contant?

with all the money your spending you could drop a v8 in there.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM

so when you see your temp gauge go up, you press a button or is it contant?
Has nothing to do with your coolant temps. This has to do with cooling the intake charge- most of the kits I've seen have either been triggered off a WOT switch, a pushbutton, or a MAP switch. I don't like the WOT style because it turns on only when you reach wide open throttle, and you can be making full boost before that- especially on a hill. Same thing with a push button/manual switch- you can forget to turn it on.

I like the MAP switch style best because it turns the pump on when you make a certain preset amount of boost (say 1 psi)- so that it functions when you're flooring it, or just using a lot of gas going up a steep hill. Plus, it makes it more consistent (assuming you remember to keep the tank filled)- so you can tune easier (because you know it will always kick in at a certain point).

with all the money your spending you could drop a v8 in there.
Honestly, these kits are pretty cheap- on the absolute cheapest end, I've seen people rigging up setups with cheap pumps off ebay designed for other purposes, using their windshield washer tank, and just running a simple push button switch- and having a whole setup for under $100.

Even the 'normal' kits only run $300 or so- much cheaper than an intercooler with much of the same effect.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks everyone had a good chat with u guys on this topic. I'll have more pics and some results up in the next couple months, the cars in storage now so its not going anywhere's for a while. Thanks again