Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo monte current build has been demodded.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 01:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A slow process is right, after I looked at your photo with the wires everywhere, I was like OMG, hope they know what they are doing or this could be the death of Turbo Monte. I know the other cars that show up have to get serviced and then they drop back on yours when free. Least ways that is how my shop tends to be. I can keep a lift tied up for a few months and there is a lot more money to be made if there are a couple different cars on it every day. In and out work, lucky they do have 3 additional lifts. Least the piped are being started, means they have a few things under the hood mocked up to be able to do that. Best of luck... See my post about the 801 Street Scene "Street Car shoot-out" going to be to much fun... I'm going for sure.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's very true about them still bringing other cars in and mine taking the back burner etc. I will have another update tomorrow hopefully

Old 05-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Yep that's about the norm, we are not their bread and butter customers.

We are the pain in the butt jobs it seems they sometimes regret taking on, especially when we start getting anxious about the schedule.

Remember my first build sat around for 2.5 years getting put together... Thought I would never see it finished.

Hopefully yours will be back out and on the road with-in another month or two. Will be cool to see how it is progressing. Fingers crossed...

Old 05-15-2017, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member

More progress is being made on turbo Monte! All wiring is done. fuse box is under dash, pcm behind driver seat and will be covered, battery behind center console and will be enclosed. Interior is going back in as I speak

Also the shop had a surprise for me that they been keeping a secret, instead of doing a reverse l26 intake they found a Holden intake!

Attached Thumbnails Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-received_10104733128150183.jpeg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-49055.jpeg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-49053.jpeg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-49056.jpeg   Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-49133.jpeg  

Turbo monte current build has been demodded.-49135.jpeg  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member

This is also quoted from the shop as of today. "I will have all the cold side finished once alternator bracket arrives and hot side will be finished once this last bend shows up. Also I will have a support stand for the turbo to take stress off the crossover welds"

Very excited to see this monster completed!

Old 05-16-2017, 09:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

The wiring looks very tidy!!! I don't care who does it, that is a ton of work!!

And to get a Holden 3800 intake, just WOW! I forgot about those set ups. You are going to get some questions about that rig!

Cool progress.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Have to agree with Maniac, your shops work shows that they care. Have to give you mad props for choosing this shop to trust with your new Monte build. For them to go and source out a Holden intake as a nasty mod for the build shows they are "into" the build. And your car is not so back burnered and forgotten, they are constantly moving the project forward. Your going to have a Monster, going to be insane bud. Bet it could be back on the road in the short term.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member

Thanks guys, just really hope it's ready for gm nats and the Michigan meet. I have decided the shop will only be allowed to street tune the car, no Dyno or wot tuning will happen at this shop. After the shows the car will be going to Cartuning performance for a full tune. We have been having issues with the tune on the cts-v so we took it to another tuner for advice and the other tuner said he was surprised the car hasn't melted a piston with it commanding 12.5afr at WOT. With that said this shop will not be allowed to do any power pull tuning on the Monte.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Thanks guys, just really hope it's ready for gm nats and the Michigan meet. I have decided the shop will only be allowed to street tune the car, no Dyno or wot tuning will happen at this shop. After the shows the car will be going to Cartuning performance for a full tune. We have been having issues with the tune on the cts-v so we took it to another tuner for advice and the other tuner said he was surprised the car hasn't melted a piston with it commanding 12.5afr at WOT. With that said this shop will not be allowed to do any power pull tuning on the Monte.
Understand, some peeps tuning shills are just what they are, just apart of the shops offerings and others out there actually tune for a living. They understand how to finesse a set up for max safe power.

Dang isn't CarTuning located up in Canada? What have they promised you or what have you heard about their tuning abilities that makes you want to go way up there for a tune? Rubbing my hands together...

Old 05-21-2017, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member

I've known Kevin and talked with him for years now. He is a huge tuner for 3800 in Canada and also the LS platform. He has helped me remote tune to a point in the past also and the best my credit ever ran was with his turbo kit and his tune when I originally started. So I loved his tune before im sure I'll love it again. His shop is about 6hrs away, we have passports so it's no big deal. Kevin been telling me for years to let him tune it so it's time.