Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:02 PM
1 Year Member
Default injectors

i got an ohm reader/voltage meter to check the ohms on my fuel injectors before i replace them. well my first question is how do i remove the clips on the injector. i tried hard to get them off and felt like i was going to break them, is there a trick to it? also when i check each one for ohms what should they be reading at? I tried looking for a thread about this and had no luck, maybe someone can link me? thanks in advance!

Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There are two different injector clips I've seen.
1 - Has an arc-ed metal wire on the clip. Push wire in, while doing so, pull the connector off.
2 - A gray or dark colored connector with a insert (possible green). The insert need puled up (not pulled out) and that unlocks a tab you can push down and then lift the connector off.

As for ohm-ing them out, from my limited experience and understanding, different brands, models, age of injectors can ohm different (as you are testing a coil resistance in the injector). I assume all your injectors are factory? Under that assumption, ohm them all out. Each may be a little off, what you are looking for is the one that might be way off from the rest.

Hopefully that is a starting point. If you can get the pin outs to the harness that connects the injectors, you could ohm them out at a main junction for that harness....