Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecting Rods

Old 10-11-2018, 11:48 AM
Default Connecting Rods

i will be replacing the pistons on my LQ4 build to increase the compression. My question is should I just replace the conecting rods since it will be apart anyway? I also am not sure if i change them should I go with an I-beam or H-beam.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2009
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MechMan View Post
i will be replacing the pistons on my LQ4 build to increase the compression. My question is should I just replace the conecting rods since it will be apart anyway? I also am not sure if i change them should I go with an I-beam or H-beam.
Since you're upping compression, I take it you're scrapping the boost idea? I wouldn't touch the rods in that case. Plenty of SBE LQs up to 700 whp on boost, so you'll have plenty of headroom.

I guess it depends how high you plan to spin it, may be worthwhile to do stronger rod bolts if you're going to rev the heck out of it.

​​​​​

​​​

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 10-15-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:51 AM

Would like to see some pictures of the work, if possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.